• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Nicholls

Well-known Exeweb poster
Massive blow. Although he wasn't scoring, his overall contribution to the team was massive.
yep and I'm not so sure everyone quite realizes how big an impact and influence his play has had on our recent run.

Well-known Exeweb poster
be interesting to see what standard the reserve keeper is at on tuesday , cos tbh, I wouldn't be 2 unhappy if one of our england boys did 'leave' and we bought back nicholls in jan when his contract expires.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks chaps, shame but I'm sure we'll cope
i'm sure we will cope but whether we carry on our recent run of form and don't struggle is another question..

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
where has he made it pretty clear from day one about seeing his future at Northampton ? Barring he's under contract until january, Anyway me thinks though were in for a sharpish decline in results,if so brace your self for a re emergence of the sac tisdale idiot brigade, yeovil jay, shagger, missedit and co!!! god i'm luving the ignore button.
This is a big blow, but if you are right then you are basically putting our good run down to one loan signing. Tisdale gets credit for making the loan signing but if without him we have a sharpish decline in results you aren't putting a lot of faith in Tisdale's ability are you?

Avening Posse

really, i would genuinely love to share your confidence.
Not overly confident, but we are where we are, he has certainly contributed a lot, but I like to think the rest of the squad have had a massive collective confidence boost from 13 points from 15

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a big blow, but if you are right then you are basically putting our good run down to one loan signing. Tisdale gets credit for making the loan signing but if without him we have a sharpish decline in results you aren't putting a lot of faith in Tisdale's ability are you?
nah rich, circumstances may change, but tisdales ability 4 me will never be in doubt. And i'm not saying that the recent form is totally down to him that demeans the rest of the teams contribution but tbh, but he put something we've lacked probably since adam, not quite as skillful as adam but a skillful hard working front man that can work the work a x the line drops off and probably can lead it solo if necessary, , and more importantly can finish. he added a physica intensity and constant presence upfront, defending from the front is how tis summed his contribution up and he's right.

Last edited:

richard_portland

I agree he was very influential but if tisdale is a good manager it shouldn't cause a sharpish decline in results. Whatever the result next week I want to see us setting up in a positive fashion and giving it our all like the bury match. I really do think that if results dip the criticism will be less if we are going for it 100%.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree he was very influential but if tisdale is a good manager it shouldn't cause a sharpish decline in results. Whatever the result next week I want to see us setting up in a positive fashion and giving it our all like the bury match. I really do think that if results dip the criticism will be less if we are going for it 100%.
]

ok tisdale will still set up with a couple of strikers and when he has enough fit players will push wheeler forward, same as he's done during our recent run, i must point out ALL of which teams went for it, as opposed to sit ten behind the ball and hope not to lose, with such style of teams we have had issues breaking down, if you want to blame tisdale for that , thats up to you , but tisdale can only work with what he's got, But Give tisdale £50,000? plus salaries ect ect and i'm sure he'll be able to effectively replace Nicholls, and imo we step on and up, as it is, atm we/he can afford nish so expect what we expect.

ra2006

Does that mean with nicholls recalled we have enough freed up on the budget to cover signing harley on a loan deal?

#positives

Last edited:

richard_portland

]

ok tisdale will still set up with a couple of strikers and when he has enough fit players will push wheeler forward, same as he's done during our recent run, i must point out ALL of which teams went for it, as opposed to sit ten behind the ball and hope not to lose, with such style of teams we have had issues breaking down, if you want to blame tisdale for that , thats up to you , but tisdale can only work with what he's got, But Give tisdale £50,000? plus salaries ect ect and i'm sure he'll be able to effectively replace Nicholls, and imo we step on and up, as it is, atm we/he can afford nish so expect what we expect.
So what you are saying is if we don't have this money and struggle it isn't Tisdale's fault. If you look at our history we have rarely had money to spend so all of our managers have had to work with what they have got. Tisdale has sometimes got it right but you are giving him a perfect excuse. When we were 8th in league one and he needed to replace Harley,cureton,Taylor etc we had average gate of 5300 so money must have been there then, however the likes of Bauza Coles and Billy jones were brought in.

Continuing the run won't be easy but whoever is fit it must be an attacking line up. If Hartlepool come down and sit behind the ball it is Tisdale's job to find a way to combat it . I would say the same with any other manager. If you want money to be put into the team we will only get it by good home results, cup wins or selling players. All of which tisdale is able to influence by the way he sets up.