• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Undroppable after his last couple of games...heading, tackling, whacking the ball away he’s been pretty impressive at all of it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly loves lumping it up top for Bowman. :D

Ash

I think he (hartridge) is doing ok during his little run in the side. Mcardles experience is helping AH game massively and while I don’t expect these two to start every game they are doing a job atm Hartridge will play more as/when and is certainly something we can work on too over the next 2/3 seasons as a left footed centre half. parkes will return to the fold soon and be a important part in the run in but hartridge will still have a role to play by all means

Mcardle, Sweeney, Stubbs, Parkes and Hartridge not bad combo of CBs to pick from looking forwards to next year. If all contracted etc that is.
I'd keep Sweenz over Parkes personally, partly due to his age but also because his application and determination this season has been very impressive. Not that Parkes doesn't have those qualities too, but it seemed Pierce's time was pretty much done at SJP and he's turned it around really well.

Red Bill

He certainly loves lumping it up top for Bowman. :D
It may not of been how you meant it TPC, but i'm not sure lumping it is a fair reflection. I've been impressed that they look more like controlled well directed long passes than we've been used to seeing from our CBs.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It may not of been how you meant it TPC, but i'm not sure lumping it is a fair reflection. I've been impressed that they look more like controlled well directed long passes than we've been used to seeing from our CBs.
Yes

Both Hartridge and McArdle are deliberately pumping lofted 3/4 pace balls along the line aiming to stay in play and not run out across the goal line. This is allowing our forward players to run into the space and have a good chance of gaining possession in dangerous areas.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hartridge has been playing very well however he does love an aimless lump forward.

arthur

Hartridge has been playing very well however he does love an aimless lump forward.
Apart from anything else, there is a time and a place for an aimless lump...

tonykellowfan

The main thing is that Hartridge is improving and gaining confidence. He has the physical attributes to be a good CB.

IndoMike

Apart from anything else, there is a time and a place for an aimless lump...
"There's a place for us
A time and a place for us
Hold my hand and we're halfway there
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow, someday, somewhere".
🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Sorry, just got a bit carried away there

When he plays with McArdle he gets to play as the left hand centre back of the pair. He looks far more comfortable here. With Parkes he plays on the right and looks less comfortable.