• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally, I don't think substituting Hartridge at HT on Saturday was a good decision, no matter how badly he played first half. Drop him for the next game if he continues like that second half, certainly, but give him a talking to and then second half he can improve. He was one of our best players last season and possibly the best early this season.
Was it more about shape than players though? I thought Watts did better than Jules in that position when he came on and it gave us more impetus on the left.

grecIAN Harris

Personally, I don't think substituting Hartridge at HT on Saturday was a good decision, no matter how badly he played first half. Drop him for the next game if he continues like that second half, certainly, but give him a talking to and then second half he can improve. He was one of our best players last season and possibly the best early this season.
Rubbish!! I rate Alex but he needed saving from himself on Saturday. He made Sweenz on one of his old bad days look like Bobby Moore.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rubbish!! I rate Alex but he needed saving from himself on Saturday. He made Sweenz on one of his old bad days look like Bobby Moore.
I saw the game as I do most games, so I know how bad he was.

grecIAN Harris

I saw the game as I do most games, so I know how bad he was.
As was I. I've seen players misplace passes, get roasted by their winger but to be robbed of the ball as if you weren't there and look like you don't even know your opponent is there on numerous occasions............ the right decision was made.

STURTZ

Yeah agreed, but it wasn't a Hartridge mistake that lead to their goal.

Mr Jinx

Think thats the way it is going sadly. I'm still a GC fan but he's just never going to buy into the Academy like Tis or SMT did before, although some of that was (a) necessity and (b) at a lower level, the players coming through dont need to be so good or ready from game one

I fear that Hartridge, Diabate and Kite could all leave in the summer, for various reasons, right and wrong, and that leaves us with nobody

I'd be interested to know, from people who (a) watch every week at the ground and (b) have watched a good amount of the U18 / U23s stuff, which of the large group that got Pro deals last year could make it? Borges was getting game time and is now out on loan, Cox wont make a L1 forward, nobody knows what to do with Harry Lee, etc etc
As we are selling club, if we're no longer tapping into our academy, then a bleak future awaits.

Grecian Max

Was his man for the first...

Memphis09

He was also caught out getting the wrong side of the defender
This also happen at Portsmouth

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor Hartridge has travelled all the way to Cardiff to be a mascot and our Finnish boys haven't even got on the pitch.

He was our first choice centre back not long ago....

tom_ecfc

Poor Hartridge has travelled all the way to Cardiff to be a mascot and our Finnish boys haven't even got on the pitch.

He was our first choice centre back not long ago....
Looks like he was wearing an ecfc keeper top with patches over the top of the badge and adidas logo?! 🤔