• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Byrne

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure he is otherwise Tiz would surely have mentioned his unavailability compared to the long term injured players missing? I would be amazed if we ever see Ryan play for us if Tiz has prioritised a young inexperienced player such as Byrne ahead of him? Given Ryan wont be getting a new deal it would be in his interests as it would for TAH to go out on loan with a view to a move next season to a Conference club.
Pure conjecture, but I took it as read Ryan is still injured. Can't believe he wouldn't at least warrant a place on the bench were that not the case.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure he is otherwise Tiz would surely have mentioned his unavailability compared to the long term injured players missing? I would be amazed if we ever see Ryan play for us if Tiz has prioritised a young inexperienced player such as Byrne ahead of him? Given Ryan wont be getting a new deal it would be in his interests as it would for TAH to go out on loan with a view to a move next season to a Conference club.
Agree entirely.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pure conjecture, but I took it as read Ryan is still injured. Can't believe he wouldn't at least warrant a place on the bench were that not the case.
Yeah yesterday he said he's not ready for 'starting' but was in training, i for one underestimated the severity of his injury, he talked about 'a six month plan to get him ready... and agreed, even with the 'plus's'of tis's current team, ryan still gives us something diferent and imo worth a place on the bench at least.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two things.

First, the club has a policy of picking up players to rehabilitate and has two of these in TAH and Brunt. If you add in the usual injuries you get any season, longer term like Simpson and Harley and then add Tillson and Croll, throw in the others carrying knocks it becomes a strain. If Harley is beginning to look like another "project" then I suggest it's one too many and it is now time to get someone off the wage bill.

Second, would this not be better on the Ryan Harley thread ?

Saint James

Egg, my remarks are pure conjecture (as most of Exeweb is) hence my use of the word surely. My conjecture is based on scant information coming out from the club with regard to Harley's original injury or his recovery or lack of it leading me to make an assumption that his absence isn't injury related but being out of favour. I don't think he fits into the system being used by Tiz

malcolms

Egg, my remarks are pure conjecture (as most of Exeweb is) hence my use of the word surely. My conjecture is based on scant information coming out from the club with regard to Harley's original injury or his recovery or lack of it leading me to make an assumption that his absence isn't injury related but being out of favour. I don't think he fits into the system being used by Tiz
I'm not sure there are many other clubs who seem to see it as a challenge to rehabilitate chronically injured players. It's a high risk strategy which has, with one or two exceptions, proven unsuccessful...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Brunt was getting a bit of time off the bench in the first few games. I imagine the club are prepared to give him time in the hope we will end up with a good player for comparatively cheap wages, but the arrival of stockley has meant we can afford to give him more time. Had that not happened I think we may have seen him in the squad more often, Simpson early on was also on the bench once or twice I think and got a couple of minutes at Cheltenham?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given that Alex was not played in Harley's position yesterday I have no idea why all these posts about Harley are on here.

Saint James

Given that Alex was not played in Harley's position yesterday I have no idea why all these posts about Harley are on here.
The vast majority of Ryan's career has been spent in central midfield. Forays on the left side have been as a result of not being chosen to play in his preferred central position

Colesman Ballz

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water .....etc" ! (facepalm)

Last edited: