• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alan Knill: Torquay United sack manager

Grecian1966

Shaun Taylor [tap]
I think Shaun Taylor has as much chance as Nelson Mandela of being named the next manager of Torquay.

Chuckles

I am sure he will do well in the (Hic!)CUP competitions

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chris Hargreaves has been appointed, tough job especially at this stage of the season, good appointment I think.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems to have done well as a coach with Bournemouth. AFCB have waived their right to compensation.
http://www.exeweb.com/2014/01/06/chris-hargreaves-appointed-gulls-boss/

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chris Hargreaves has been appointed, tough job especially at this stage of the season, good appointment I think.
agree with you completely simian. Always was impressed with Hargreaves and he has a wealth of experience already to bring to the job. I hope he manages to do it. After guiding the gulls out of the conference he should certainly get their support.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Heard he had the job earlier this morning from a Turk but apparently some of the players dont want to play for him.

Have to wait and see about if this is correct if some start putting in to play elsewhere.

denzil

Good luck to the bloke - it's awful (and I mean that) seeing Torquay in the mire. I don't think any of those players who won't play for him are likely to be snapped up, they should just get on with their jobs.

Langer

Very good appointment imho plus they got Lee Hodges and Tully ;-)

Last edited:

Chuckles

Heard he had the job earlier this morning from a Turk but apparently some of the players dont want to play for him.

Have to wait and see about if this is correct if some start putting in to play elsewhere.
Well they havent played for the last manager have they? Time for Hargreaves to dump the prima donnas