• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

alan gow suspected broken leg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sad as an injury may be to an opposition player
He's our player until the end of his contract. He just happens to be on loan at Rovers.

No idea if this means he'll stay with Rovers or be sent back to us.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
What sort of contract was Gow on with us? I didnt think it was a full one, in fact I thought we had him on loan from somebody else. Its our rotten luck it seems that Gow was only on an exchange loan for a Rovers player, which has probably been reversed back as we speak, particularly if we have to pay his wages for the rest of the season.

FAN-TATIC

It's our worry if they recall Richards.
I'm not sure that they can. It was a deal. They get Gow until the end of the season in return we get Richards until the end of the season. Both Clubs took a risk that the player would not get injured.

If they had simply took Gow on loan, without linking it to Richards then they could have sent him back to us.

FAN-TATIC

What sort of contract was Gow on with us? I didnt think it was a full one, in fact I thought we had him on loan from somebody else. Its our rotten luck it seems that Gow was only on an exchange loan for a Rovers player, which has probably been reversed back as we speak, particularly if we have to pay his wages for the rest of the season.
There was a rumour going round at SJP last Saturday that in order to get Gow, Rovers had agreed to pay both players wages until the end of the season. Hard to believe I admit.

logman

There was a rumour going round at SJP last Saturday that in order to get Gow, Rovers had agreed to pay both players wages until the end of the season. Hard to believe I admit.
Now that is one I would believe.

NHSgas

Talk is That Gow has signed a pre contract with us at Rovers.... as for Eliot Richards , i believe he is also out of contract at the end of the season..

At the moment the two loans are just that 2 seperate loan deals , the talk here is we took on Gow's wage which was a lot more the Richards... and ECFC pay Richards wages ... one deal wasnt possible without the other but loans can only be done as a individual deal on its own ...

However i belive emergency loans like these are not allowed to have a recall clause

Fingers crossed its not as bad as 1st feared as GOow has looked very good so far and i believe Richards is doing well for you... all in all seems a good deal for both teams...

Chuckles

At least Gow will have a real reason for turning up to training late, rather than strolling in when it suited him

wiveygrecian

I see Gow is out for 6 weeks.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Id still take Gow over Richards in Citys team , Richards has what 1 goal in 5 games ? its like his career record...

we love a 1 in 5 goalscorer.

Red & White

Id still take Gow over Richards in Citys team , Richards has what 1 goal in 5 games ? its like his career record...

we love a 1 in 5 goalscorer.
He is not being helped by being played out on the left wing, play him through the middle and he may get into a position to actually put the ball in the net!