• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Agents

everexe

are football agents good or bad?

personally i think they do more bad than good, most i assume are only interested in what they can grab for themselves, surely a player should be able to decide if they want to accept a contract offer or not, without some money grabbing agent sticking their oar in, of course the relevance to ECFC at the moment is our Jamie. I think that deep down he wants to stay at City, our style of play suits him and he can have another successful season with us, it looks like his agent is keeping his options open to see if something better comes along. I do however think we should offer Jamie a 2 year deal, after all we had Marcus last season and Jamies got at least 2 years on Marcus. Some have suggested that O'Flynn is the answear, do me a favour.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
are football agents good or bad?
Neither, they do a job, the problem lies with the inane way in which so many Club chairmen chase success.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
they are most definitely bad.

how can anyone making money just to negotiate an employment contract be good for either the club, or the sport in general?

the problem is that most footballers are so f*cking thick as sh*t, that they wouldn't know what to do with a contract.

it's surprising most of them know where to sign/make their mark/whatever.

Oli

Are they not just glorified recruitment consultants? Therefore not really different from many other industries.

That said they are all arseholes along with estate agents.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agents are a symptom not the problem.

GrecianArmy

how can anyone making money just to negotiate an employment contract be good for either the club, or the sport in general?

the problem is that most footballers are so f*cking thick as sh*t, that they wouldn't know what to do with a contract.

Well in that case, i assume you apply the same to Solicitors,recruitment consultants, and accountants all of which provide expert services on an area that most do not understand. as a sports agent myself i feel we are very much given a bad name in the press etc.

My time at law school entitles me to earn the money i do, and at the end of the day no agent can make a club offer a contract, if clubs over commit on wages that is thier financial mismanagement. Thankfully not a problem at city anymore?

Juan Kossof

Sounds like a pretty good definition of a Trade Union to me. If it's OK for them, why not agents?

Alistair20000

Are they Suits ?

M Earl

Neither, they do a job, the problem lies with the inane way in which so many Club chairmen chase success.
I'd say it's more the insane way they chase success, and hang the debt, myself. Peterborough, for instance are significantly debt laden.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're a bloody nuisance on Football Manager!! :mad: