• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Agents fees

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
spending £50k a year on a CEO to help develop the club into a dynamic commercial business (haha!) that is a financially viable Championship club represents good value?
But not as good value if the you don't clear out the dead wood that you are still paying and who should have been doing the job already.

Poultice

What does that have to do with the transparency, or lack of, as the case may be, regarding agent fees?
Oh shut up Pup, I prefered it when you had to do at least one day a week studying.

Just for you:-

The survey says we spent nowt on agents, but what if 10% of Nardy's wedge was going to his agent and we could have got him for cheaper money without the blood sucking leech being involved ?

As you know I am not saying nuffin, for one thing I like the cut of Nardy's jib, all I am saying is, the usuals are drawing conclusions from the info in hand and we do not really know what that info is telling us, if anything.

greenawayr

I doubt this will appease you Poults but taggy going on about City not ruling out paying agents for the right players.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Grecians-1-agents-0/article-2543406-detail/article.html

Kingsman

Most players pay an agent a percentage of their earnings for looking after them, the club normally pays agents a negotiating fee when trying to buy a player. City probably didn't pay anything because the most of the players concerned where looking for a club.

Poultice

I doubt this will appease you Poults but taggy going on about City not ruling out paying agents for the right players.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Grecians-1-agents-0/article-2543406-detail/article.html
FFS Greeny I don't need appeasing, I have every confidence in the way Taggy, Perryman and Tis go about things, they have track records, my only problem, and it was a very small problem, was with the divs saying how good the report made us look when it patently did nothing of the sort.

Either way I couldn't give a sh*t cos rather than spend the rest of my day finishing my annual accounts, I have just had a call from a mate who is unexpectedly in the area so I will be off for 18 holes and a slap up dinner with a few beers.

exwick1

Press release 19/11/2010 on the ECFC Official Word page states ECFC paid £8,800 to agents in the 12 months 1/10/2009 - 30/09/2010.