• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Advice Please

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is your newsletter caravan-related, Mick? How many pages? - I'm betting (even though I'm not a betting man) that the Matador copes comfortably.

It's caravan based, yes, although tends to focus on modifications and accessories. Last month we reviewed the Spinflo (by Thetford) C223-S Cassette lavatory. I gave it 3.5 stars out of 5 because whilst it performed, it didn't have the physical capacity to deal with someone like myself who has a high-fibre diet (doctor's orders).

The Rexel website states that the Matador "can handle up to 20 sheets using Rexel No. 56 or up to 25 sheets with No. 16 staples." Let me tell you, that's no unfounded boast.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad to learn that the boasts of the Thetford Spinflo aren't similarly well-founded. We seek robustness in all things, Mick. It's not too much to ask, surely?

For future reference, would you advise Aqua Kem Green, or Blue?

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably by ramifications i mean for the MOT centre in passing it when they shouldn't of. Also i have proof that the damage was done prior to my last MOT because i took photos as soon as i saw the damage with the date shown on them, Plus i wanted it for any insurance claim
I know some chaps who would be happy to come and ramificate the garage owner for a fee if that helps.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have a Rexel Gemini. Will staple 3 pages of paper together, but not 2, or any more than 3. Utterly useless.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a Rexel Gemini. Will staple 3 pages of paper together, but not 2, or any more than 3. Utterly useless.
My advice is to buy a new stapler.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My advice is to buy a new stapler.
I've gone for a Rapesco.

iscalad

I've gone for a Rapesco.
What? Rather than a Prosecco ?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The Rapesco provides a more sustainabler beat and rhythm.

Oldsmobile-88

Just had my car fail its MOT, Nothing unusual about that but what it failed on was there 12 months ago an i took it to the same place. Do i have any ramifications on this? The reason it failed was not even on the "Advisory" section from last year. About 20 months ago during the storms of Christmas 2013 the car was damaged by next doors ridge tiles falling onto the roof and just above the passenger door, Which split the metal. As no one would pay for it calling it an "Act of God" by the insurers I've continued to drive it, So last year took it in for its MOT an passed no problem sighted, Only a dodgy tyre which i replaced. Today, Took it back an it has failed on the damage above the passenger door because it is less than 30cm from the fixing point of the seat belt.
The MOT test checks got tighter from mid May onwards,that could possibly be the reason the issue was picked up this year & not last year..?