• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admiral Muskwe

Boyo

Caldwell saying we will be playing Diabate up top till January. It is madness and highlights his stubbornness and inability to change anything.

Square pegs in round holes just to continue playing the only system he knows, which teams worked out ages ago. Get the bloke gone.
Who would you play instead? Scott or another square peg?

StudentGrecian

Who would you play instead? Scott or another square peg?
Yes Scott over Diabate. At he least has an ounce of strikers instinct in him. By no means perfect, but why impact Diabate’s career because they ballsed up the transfer window.
He is a promising CB and this is not helping his career in any way.

tonykellowfan

At the start of the season we had Mitchell, Rankine and Nombe up top which provided pace and energy.

Now we don't have the pace and energy and we just faff about in midfield, so playing 1 up top is doomed to fail, as you would think GC would have realised by now.

hillview red

I personally wouldn't play Scott or Diabate upfront. I'd revert to a similar team that started against Reading but have Wildschut for the injured Mitchell.

The number 9 options are so poor that we might as well play a false 9 in Aitchson or Cole and push Yanic on a little and free him from some of his defensive responsibilities.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How can a professional football team not have a no9 in their squad - it’s unbelievable 😀

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
How can a professional football team not have a no9 in their squad - it’s unbelievable 😀
Try finding one! It's a dying art, The traditional centre forward is almost extinct and the standard of finishing is pretty dreadful, most forward players can hardly be classed as strikers these days- I know things must evolve but I can't stand this ticki-tacka nonsense and it's the main reason why I fell out of love with the game.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try finding one! It's a dying art, The traditional centre forward is almost extinct and the standard of finishing is pretty dreadful, most forward players can hardly be classed as strikers these days- I know things must evolve but I can't stand this ticki-tacka nonsense and it's the main reason why I fell out of love with the game.
You'd rather watch teams lump it up to a big man than pass the ball? Each to their own.

spodman

You'd rather watch teams lump it up to a big man than pass the ball? Each to their own.
Not keen on hoofball but we could do with getting it in the mixer more!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not keen on hoofball but we could do with getting it in the mixer more!
Oh absolutely, I can see why watching us this season would put you off football - utter guff.

I personally wouldn't play Scott or Diabate upfront. I'd revert to a similar team that started against Reading but have Wildschut for the injured Mitchell.

The number 9 options are so poor that we might as well play a false 9 in Aitchson or Cole and push Yanic on a little and free him from some of his defensive responsibilities.
One of our better performances this season at home was when Aitchson played as false 9