• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield myth - fact or fiction?

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
Apologies if formerly covered - I'm pretty sure that this isn't my imagination, but someone once told me that Adam is related to Lisa Stansfield.

Is this true??

Unless Lisa went for the title of Britain's youngest mother at the tender age of 13, a mother-son relationship seems virtually improbable.
Cousins maybe? Either way, Stanno is a legend and to silence his critics I hope that he scores yet another this weekend.
Oh final point regarding Stansfield....how come he only gets to drive a Vauxhall sponsored car when Moxey is driving (what I believe is) a Honda Civic Sport? Vauxhall's are rubbish IMO!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stanno and Stanno are in fact 2nd cousins.

As for the Vauxhall, well if someone gave me a free car then I'd be happy to drive it :D

Brinty IFA

No, No, No

You're joking?

:)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, No, No

You're joking?

:)
Utterly serious Brinty me old mucker. Wikipedia probably doesn't say it but then we all know that wikipedia is always wrong ;)

glos_grecian

Well I'm glad that's clarified!

Number13

They are not related, we have been through this before.

As for choice of car, Adam as a family man doesnt have the same interest in having a sporty car that the whipper-snapper Moxey does.

As ******** would say, "simples"

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not even going to risk getting whooshed on this one.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
This came up the last away matchday thread.

They are NOT related.

It's just a nickname owing to the fact they're are both called Stansfield.

And IIRC, the "Lisa" was code as we hadn't officially signed him, but we were about to, but the rumours were flying as usual. So rather than let the cat out the bag, Lisa became the name used when talking about Stans, sadly some people continued to use it, even though it's sh*t, and Stans doesn't like it !

Credy is his best mate, PM him for further info. ;)

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
Utterly serious Brinty me old mucker. Wikipedia probably doesn't say it but then we all know that wikipedia is always wrong ;)
We all know Wiki and its stretched truths. Wasn't there a recent post on there regarding Luggy's imminent departure that never materialised?

Well I'm glad that's clarified!
Spotting a sense of sarcasm here!!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was, is fact, found wrapped up in swaddling, in Stan's Field which is a plot of land on Ogden Moor.

This land was bequeathed, as a coronation present, to Lord Stanley & Lady Hilda Ogden by a grateful Queen Elizabeth for services to the soap industry (together with an urban plot in Manchester).