• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

witneyellow

Condolences to all at ECFC and of course to Adam's family and friends from a Watford and Oxford fan. :(

I think I remember him from "that" play off semi at the Kassam following which you went up.

I lost my mother to bowel cancer (albeit it at a much greater age) so I know first hand the devastating effects of this horrible disease. I have done various events for Bobby Moore Fund, which is a Cancer Research UK fund to look into this particular cancer.

rich13

Such sad news, My thoughts and wishes are with his friends and family

RIP No. 9

Brentford Fan

This is a thread about Adam on the Brentford forum.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79813

borofan

just following on from witney yellows post

This may have been mentioned already but to any exeter city fan would it be appropriate at some point in the future to have a testimonial match in the hounour of Adam Stanfield with proceeds going to first to his wife and children and with the possiblity of some going to the bowel cancer research charity, with the line up being adams exeter city present team versus a team made up from players of his former clubs who in this way pay their own tribute to a great footballer who loved the game

cannockred

My thoughts are with Adams family in what is a terrible loss for them.

A true legend in every sense of the word

RIP Citys no.9

Last edited:

totalgreencarnage

RIP grecian heartfelt condolences to your club fans and the family of Adam a very sad day for football

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just about recovered enough from the shock to post on here now. RIP Adam. We were all enjoying the match last night and as usual taking our football very seriously. When I got home and heard the news it brought everything into perspective. Football is ONLY a game. Life is a privilege - don't take it for granted. For Adam to be taken from us at such a young age is a terrible tradegy. Our thoughts are with his young family at this time and with his colleagues and friends. God bless you. Can't say anymore..................

mustangspeed2006

RIP absolutely terrible news.

I echo the sentiments of others on here to retire the number 9 shirt.

thermopylai

Only saw the news this morning, and have read through the thread.

Am shocked and gutted, I actually feel sick and have shed a few tears.

We all want to share what Adam meant to us as fans, the memories etc. But its hard to know where to begin.

All I can say now is that Adam made me proud to be a supporter of ECFC. He embodied all that is best about our club and the game of football. He was the best of us.

You will not be forgotten.

BigBankBoy

A truly sad day. Thoughts are with Adam's family, friends and team-mates. Gone but never to be forgotten. Adam Stansfield, Exeter's No 9.