• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

returnofaido

another hartlepool fan here. dreadful news about adam, and deepest condolences to family and friends at this sad time. absolutely no flippancy intended but i know fellow pools fan jeff stelling will be gutted to hear about adam. always raised a smile with the timeless 'lisa will be delighted' quip when adam scored.

so so sad.

AndyB

spodman

Really sad news, thoughts and best wishes to his family and friends

Jordann

I worry about his children the most, maybe that's because I know how young children can react to the death of a parent.
Condolences to his family, I hope they're okay. Knowing cancer, they would have had a few days to say goodbye, which is something to be thankful for. Still doesn't ease the pain though.

Oliver

What a terrible shock this is, a true legend and a 100% City player, he will be sorely missed both on and off the field.

My thoughts go to his wife and family at this desperately sad time.

I' m genuinely shocked and deeply upset. I had no idea things were so bad. Very very sad and I at least will have a chance to show my respects at the Dagenham game where there will inevitably be a minute's silence.

Jack Adams

"I've come f*cking miles for this"

Thanks for the memories Adam!

Adam Stansfield (10 September 1978 – 10 August 2010)

Red faced

Just seen this awful news. Also had no idea that things were as serious as this. So tragic that the world has lost such a genuinely nice guy and young father. We are all thinking of your family at this time Adam. Deepest sympathy. RIP mate.

WXF

Am utterly gobsmacked at this truly shocking and terrible news. My heart goes out to his family. They have their own personal experiences of Adam, but I hope they can continue to draw pride from the commitment and dedication he managed to display as a professional footballer. He was exemplary and always gave 100%.

City Reject

I havent posted for a while but felt moved too, im absolutely shcoked by the news and along with others hoped he was improving. A lovely guy, a great pro and a real inspiration for the fans and his teammates. RIP Stanno you will be sorely missed