• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

supercity2007

I am stunned as i thought stanno was on the mend.

its knocked me for six as he was my fave player,he was a local lad who gave 110% and a very nice man,this is so very sad and unfair to lose such a young life to this terrible illness.

i would hope in time an end of the ground will be named stanno as a fitting tribute to a great local lad and a city legend.

my thoughts are with his family RIP exeter city 9

(I hope the club removes number 9 for good in memory of adam)

Last edited:

radiogrecian

Such sad news. My thoughts are with Adam's family and friends.

It's so hard to know what to write at a time like this.

I just told my parents of the news, and mum's reply summed it up for me.

She said, "Probably the only player I could name".

Stanno stood out - he didn't just give 110%, he gave 150%. A key factor in our rise from the Conference.

I was lucky enough to meet him just months before he was diagnosed. He seemed so happy, so upbeat, so honest.

R.I.P Stanno - You stood for everything that is great about our football club.

Last edited:

ECFC KARL

R.I.P Stanno. Always gave everything on the pitch your gone but not forgotten. My thoughts are with his family

jonc3725

I am a pilgrim fan coming in peace after hearing this sad news last night.

We feel for your loss. Stanno was a great man and an outstanding City talisman who has been taken far too young in life.

Our thoughts go out to his young family.

It kind of puts our rivalry into perspective.

RIP Stanno

nathanj

RIP in stanno. Always gave 100% whenever he went out onto a football pitch. Thoughts are with his family and friends. You will never be forgotten.

I also back the call to retire the No. 9 shirt. In memory of a great player and above all a outstanding man!

GrecianWonder

Adam Stansfield. What a legend. Words could not do justice to how much he did for this club week in week out. i met him when in subway in town and he left his phone behind so i had to give it back to him.

Was completely numb yesterday when i heard and only now is it hitting me. In a time when football players get angry about not having an extra 10k a week and leave the club and disrespect everyone it just doesnt seem right that a man of Stannos personality to pass away at such a young age.

But if there is one thing we should learn from this its that there is always more to football. Football isnt the be all and end all of life. I just pray that after people see this they dont take life for granted and waste away their lives doing stupid things.

I am very sure i now want stansfield and the number 9 on both my city shirts now...

Thanks for all you've done on this earth stanno, all the people you've inspired like me and i pray for your family to be at peace.

GJW

Very sad news. Only found out when I got back from the game and was watching SkySports news at about midnight.

The lad was still in his prime with much still to give as a footballer. Heart-wrenching that he leaves a wife and children.

Thoughts very much with his family and friends. I'm sure they will be well supported.

kev_hufc

Hartlepool United fan here.
Just heard this terrible news from the message forum I use.
It's very difficult to find the words in these circumstances.
We lost one of our very young players a few years ago so I understand how you guys are feeling right now.
31 is no age.
My thoughts are with Adams family and friends.
R.I.P Adam.

Markthehorn

Just passing to add my condolences to family and friends.

R.I.P

upmexe

A true professional and fighter in every respect. Adam will be truely missed as a player and a really nice person. I was looking forward to seeing him play again this year; Such a tragedy that his life has been cut short. Deepest condolences to his wife,children and extended family.