• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

rebecca

What dreadful news. My thoughts are with his wife and young family. Life is so unfair.

Pobbop

Oh, I just haven't the words.

Condolences to friends and family.

Kinelloz

Terrible news, RIP Adam and every sympathy to his family.

From all at Millwall

ecfc2000

Just heard the news. I'm totally gutted.

A true gentleman and a great player who will be hugely missed.

RIP Stanno.

Last edited:

Erico

Everything about Stanno has been summed up in this thread so, for now, Rest In Peace Stanno, true gentleman and role model.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
When I turned up in Exeter as a fresher at the University three years ago I was a Chelsea fan. As I started to goto more and more games and really get into ECFC, it was the incredible energy and passion and honest never say die attitude of the dimunitive striker up front called Stansfield that made me appreciate what non-premiership football was all about.

I'd never seen Didier Drogba chase down a lost cause like this boy Stansfield, and I wish Salomon Kalou would make up for all his technical deficiencies by putting in more effort just like Stansfield would have.

Stanno was the primary reason why I now absolutely love Exeter City FC , his attitude was an inspiration for whatever we do in life and having met him once off the pitch, what a top guy he was. Going to leave a big hole in the lives of his family and the club.

Proud to have seen him play, proud that he was a grecian.
Love you Stanno.
R I P

borofan

I would like to take this time to send my deepest condolences to the family and friends the club and fans of exeter city, it was a pleasure to see him play here at Nuneaton in the FA Cup last season, I truly hope that in tonights International at wembley the englands players wear a armband as a mark of respect and that is a moments silence for a loyal and true footballer who showed a great love and passion for the game that we as true football fans love may adam rest in peace

from all here at Nuneaton Boro

older-codger

I don't usually post on this type of thread but on this occasion I must add my condolences to Adam's family. Whilst it had been clear for some weeks that it was unlikely that we would ever again see Adam running himself into the ground for the sake of ECFC, I had never expected that the final whistle would have been sounded so soon.

There is no doubt that Adam was one of the most committed players that we have seen at the Park. He would always give 100% and that is what earned the respect of fans at each of the clubs that he played for. He was an inspiration at a time when we were lifted from the doldrums of non-league and he will be sadly missed.

RIP Adam and thanks for the memory.

mumbo

Adam, we love you for your spirit, your skill and your perseverence on the field & the gentle, respectful way you dealt with fans off the field.

Thank you for all those fantastic memories you've given us.
We will not forget you, City's no 9.

Sincere condolences to Marie and your young family, please take comfort from the love we
are sending. The ECFC family will always be here for you all.

Elaine Davis.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to add my condolences to his family and friends. God Bless Adam , R.I.P . We will all miss you terribly. I personally will never forget your untiring energy on the pitch and your faithfulness to our Club.