• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

Mark Dennis

RIP Adam. Thanks for your outstanding service to our football club and thanks for all the happy memories you have left with us. Was a absolute pleasure to see you play your football week in week out, I never saw anything less than 100% from you. Our thoughts go out to your wife, family and friends. You will be sorely missed both on and off the pitch. A city legend never to be forgotten. Mark and Neil Dennis.

Max Payne 2

I am stunned I just found this out this morning (Australia Time)

Desperately sad to lose someone so young. A man who played with great pride and gave his all for the club.

My thoughts with his family. Just feeling incredibly gutted and numb because it was so unexpected. Already wrote in season preview in When Saturday Comes that this was the worst thing about last season and that City fans were looking forward to seeing him possibly turn out for City this year.

RIP Adam Stansfield.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adam's huge contribution to a great period in Exeter City's history made him a Grecian great, and we will see in the weeks, months and years ahead that he will be remembered with much warmth, pride, respect and affection.

For now, however, my heart goes out to Adam's family and friends.

Max Payne 2

That goal aginst Oxford away in the play offs.

That one on the break from Gilly's through ball at home to Aldershot.

+1 for retiring number 9 shirt.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for everything Stanno, it's so so cruel that you've been taken from us at such a young age. I didn't hear the news until TAFKAGG told me after the game, but I've been in shock ever since. My deepest and sincere thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP Stanno, City's Number 9 - totally agree about retiring the number 9 shirt in his memory by the way.

budegrecian

Local guy who played a massive part in the rebirth of our club.
How can this have happened to the fittest, most dedicated footballer, I have ever seen.
In an age when so many footballers bring shame to the game, here was a player whose conduct on & off the pitch was always, but always, impecable.
I am absolutely devastated by this news.
R.I.P. Stanno.

RIP Adam our Thoughts and Condolences to his family.

bowgrecian

Adam was so, so special. He was the sort of player you dreamt of - one who would always give everything and more out on the pitch. He was a true gentleman off it and always, always had time for the fans. We have so many treasured memories of our Stanno. We will miss him greatly. With much love to his family, especially Marie and his three little boys.

The Bowden family.

jmgull

.....So desperately sad.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends and to you city fans.

Hello. Blackburn Rovers fan here.
Just wanted to drop in and pass my sincere sympathy's to the fans of Exeter City FC and most of all Adam's family for his passing.

Such a sad loss at a tragically young age.

Would be a nice gesture if Exeter City FC retired the No.9 shirt for the coming season and maybe even decide to retire the No.12 shirt perminantly for him as other clubs have done in the past apon a players passing.