• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Johnson

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course not no parent would - but I also do believe that people serve there time and deserve a 2nd chance to earn a living regardless if there a footballer or builder
Right. So he’s served his time and OK to go back playing. Presumably he’s then also OK to start a match too, and that means he’ll be leading the mascots out by the hand too. So it’s OK to do all that, so long as it’s someone else’s kids and not yours.

Antony Moxey

Is he innocent of rape though?
I would assume that if his conviction was quashed then yes, he’s innocent of whatever crime he was wrongly convicted of?

Alistair20000

Yes. That was the conviction that was quashed on appeal.

I believe he is a Count though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Right. So he’s served his time and OK to go back playing. Presumably he’s then also OK to start a match too, and that means he’ll be leading the mascots out by the hand too. So it’s OK to do all that, so long as it’s someone else’s kids and not yours.
Thats not what I said - but I appreciate where your coming from

Antony Moxey

Thats not what I said - but I appreciate where your coming from
Maybe not, but you can’t have it both ways Creds. Yes he can come back to football but no he can’t be anywhere near my kids. A professional footballer isn’t just there to play football, a large part of their employment is involved in community issues including close interaction with kids and a large part is sponsor obligations - I doubt many companies will want to be seen in the media shaking hands with a convicted paedophile making an appearance at the their office.

It would be naive to think a footballer is just there to play football and nothing else.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Johnson's opportunities for employment overseas are limited too. Many countries have immigration criteria that prevent sex offenders from entering so he won't be earning a fast buck in places like the USA and, I think, China.

DB9

Johnson's opportunities for employment overseas are limited too. Many countries have immigration criteria that prevent sex offenders from entering so he won't be earning a fast buck in places like the USA and, I think, China.
Also he will have to sign the sex offenders register which i'd imagine will limit his chances of playing abroad for an English club in say the CL or Europa league let alone friendlies. As Anton say's clubs try to do a lot for their local communities which will involve children and vulnerable people, no way he will be allowed anywhere near this aspect. Imagine if you're watching the MOTD repeat on a Sunday, Their segment in which they show how PL clubs do things for their FITC and there is Adam Johnson, There'd be a outrage.

He probably won't even be allowed to coach academy teams. Think he or any future employer are going to have a real headache trying to accommodate him in their team

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He could go to Nantes.

Legohead

Banned
Horrible little runt.

I completely understand that after he's served his sentence he's free to pursue whatever he wishes without discrimination (so long as it's not young girls again) but i certainly hope he doesn't manage to get his foot back into the door of football.

Warehouse work maybe? Bin man?

Many of us are forced with the decision of changing careers time and time again. Football isn't the only thing he can do.

Angus

Yes he was innocent.