• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A to Z of City Players Book

MikeB

Onward with next Exeter City FC book project, this time a complete A to Z of players who have appeared for the club’s first team in league matches (East Devon League, Plymouth & District League, Southern League, Football League, Conference) 1904 to date.

Yesterday I made a start on the book, a long term project, probably spread over a period of two years, with a target date for publication of October 2010.

It was the boring part yesterday, simply producing a massively long list of every player in an A to Z format.

I intend to have potted biographical details of each player (some will be longer than others), and there will also be many photographs throughout the book.

Very, very early stages of the project, but one that I am really looking forward to getting cracking on, inbetween editing ‘The Grecian’ match programme.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoying the book a lot Mike cheers. The A-Z will be very interesting as well.

Last edited:

ECFC KARL

it will be very intresting but hopefully it wont be overpriced

MikeB

it will be very intresting but hopefully it wont be overpriced
We haven't even got a costing for printing as yet. Too early to do that. It's two years away. At this stage I really have no idea how many pages the book will consist of either.

GJW

Mike, will all the managers be included too?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Something to look forward to in 2 years time. Good luck with the project.

MikeB

Mike, will all the managers be included too?
No purely a book about players. Maybe another project later on?!!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great idea. Is there any sort of project ongoing to have similar data available on-line?