• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A testimony to Adam

Like all of us at Exeter City Football Club,Management, Players, Supporters,Sponsors we all feel that dear Adam was the most influential player to have driven our club to where we are now.
Adam was such a positive person,he always had a smile even when I collected Adam,Berti & Bash from Bristol after the players Xmas party, Adam said Wayne were starving can we get something to eat quickly because my Dad is picking me up at cullompton, I said no and we stopped at Sedgemoor Services were he bought me something to eat and laughed,he still worried about his Dad having to wait,that was the kind of Man he was.

This has really broken my heart ,therefore I would love the Club to release Paul Tisdales inspirational video which was collated for the players prior to the Leeds game 2009 in respect of our Adam,it shows what a great player & person he was.

Please check the video link it just shows Adams passion.http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2033165,00.html

Love Always Adam xxx

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still numb after a day of thinking about Stanno.

Last season he had a battle just to get back into the team after coming back from injury. There was an interview (on Kellows?) where he stated his intention to get back into the starting line up, no way did he see being a squad player as enough for him. He worked his way back into the first team and went onto play, in my opinion the best football of his life. He came in for some harsh treatment from frustrated defences but somehow kept getting up and continuing to run teams ragged. He kept that place, until I beleive, the away game at Wycombe (?) when he played although clearly suffering. He was hospitalised and diagnosed shortly after that.

It's hard to beleive that he finally met a brute that clattered and cut him down so severely that he couldn't get up again and show us that beautiful beaming smile, so sad.