• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A slow news day?

David Treharne

Depressingly on Page 7 of the E&E today is the headline "Bigger Crowds set to cause rise in cost of policing Grecians" written by one Liz Webb. It's almost exclusively a platform for PC Underhill to underline the perceived 'dangers' of the new fixture list, and underlining all the possible events that could be/are expected to take place next season. A few selected quotes give a flavour of the article"According to Police,Exeter City's fixture list represents a higher risk than Torquay United (no surprise there - all those thugs from Accrington) or Plymouth Argyle's for next season. Thereafter PC Underhill is quoted at length with some healthy bits like "Mounted Police could be borrowed from South Wales Police Force" and that from this season's fixtures those against Brentford Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Milwall, Southampton and Swindon Town are deemed to be those which have 'the most potential for trouble'.
Thereafter various costs are bandied about, with the E&E alighting on a suggestion that 'one of Exeter City's opponents in the coming season have been charged £180,000 by their local police force.
Luckily for the credibility of the Club "Nobody, (at the Club) was available for comment yesterday".
If you've read it I'd be pleased to know which parts you consider to contain the greatest hyperbole and look forward to seeing how, during the course of the next season, these are put into operation. Of course there might be some 'away trips' for the boys as "We will be sending spotters to virtually all Exeter's away matches" Oh good; I can't wait.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
A license for good old plod to raise money.

Lets hope that there are constructive discussions between DCC and ECFC so that a sensible position is reached.

Pete Martin (CTID)

......I can't wait.
Neither can they Dave....all that double time....whoops....wash my mouth out....

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bristol Rovers and Millwall maybe, but I'd have thought Leeds worthy of a mention ahead of any of the rest.

And as for a higher risk than the Scums's - how about Sheff Utd, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol City etc....

Utter rubbish, which is no great surprise for something printed by the Echo and that includes quotes from D&C's answer to Cheif Wiggum.

londonboy80

Bristol Rovers and Millwall maybe, but I'd have thought Leeds worthy of a mention ahead of any of the rest.
He's probably forgotten about Leeds - let's not forget that last season he didn't think that Bradford was a high risk fixture and look what happened there

heathy1

How the hell is Brentford a dodgy fixture!?

Stuart Storer's Tache

How the hell is Brentford a dodgy fixture!?
Is this a whoosh attempt?

I believe there has been trouble historically.

heathy1

Compared to the others its small fry believe me!

londonboy80

I think there was an incident in the 90s with Brentford in Sidwell St and also at their place I know some lads that have had aggro there in the 90s. Last Xmas there was supposedly a few of their Terries in the Duke of York as well but yeah in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't class Brentford a dodgy fixture. Now as for Colchester, that is most definitely a dodgy fixture and hasn't even been mentioned. Duncan should do his homework on this one

Stuart Storer's Tache

I think there was an incident in the 90s with Brentford in Sidwell St and also at their place I know some lads that have had aggro there in the 90s. Last Xmas there was supposedly a few of their Terries in the Duke of York as well but yeah in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't class Brentford a dodgy fixture. Now as for Colchester, that is most definitely a dodgy fixture and hasn't even been mentioned. Duncan should do his homework on this one
Apart from the flag burning incident has there been any other aggro?

You are right in the grand scheme of things next season Brentford ain't dodgy