• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A Raffle for Stanno

Red the Paper

Banned
A committee is a good idea IMO, with the amount of fundraising ideas being thrown about, they all need to be organised.

I will post details tomorrow early evening, about the plan for the day on Saturday, just so you know where you can find us, and what will happen with the draw etc.
We will have to disagree. IMO committee's generate average results and mediocrity. A commitee will slow the fundraising efforts down, create rules and barriers which will lead to eventual apathy and less money being made. Been there done that. Hope I am wrong in this case.

Anyway, good luck with your raffle

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will have to disagree. IMO committee's generate average results and mediocrity. A commitee will slow the fundraising efforts down, create rules and barriers which will lead to eventual apathy and less money being made. Been there done that. Hope I am wrong in this case.

Anyway, good luck with your raffle
Thank you :)

if you would like a debate about committees, I will happily discuss it on the thread Martin started.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, and I was thinking the mancini and lampard signed stuff together?
Yeah, no probe

tom_rowe

D*cky,

Surely keeping the prizes separate is better than lumping them in? Especially ones which have a similar Prize ?!

Out of the 110 I took at Orient I have sold most of them might have a couple for you tomorrow night.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
D*cky,

Surely keeping the prizes separate is better than lumping them in? Especially ones which have a similar Prize ?!

Out of the 110 I took at Orient I have sold most of them might have a couple for you tomorrow night.
Tom, we have lots of prizes and where there is a prize which means the winner will still have to fork out, I feel it would be slightly unfair to the winner. But with regards to the Mancini and Lampard, this could be kept separate, as in fairness they would have some value.

Will discuss with Rich later.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Yeah im easy with whatever just wanna get on with it now.
centre spot this evening still?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah im easy with whatever just wanna get on with it now.
centre spot this evening still?
Yep, will meet you there 7.30pm. Hopefully sell a few tonight. I'm starting to think, we may sell out before kick off tomorrow, unless I'm being too presumptious.

The hardest thing with this, is that we just couldn't forecast how many tickets to print. 4k was doable, but working out the reprints, when we have alot of books out with people, and second guessing how many we will have left by Saturday, is not easy.

Especially as we will be selling some tonight, I will be giving ALS a few more if they need them, and Ashley House said we can sell around the factory, when I pick them up this afternoon.

My head hurts............

Grecian1987

Who is grecian1987? Simons mate? I am dropping more to him this evening, another hundred. Keep it up guys doing a sterling job. Cant believe how well it took off when it was just a brief idea I had!
Paignton zoo have donated, 2 kids tickets. I thought they were sending a family pass :( Still, another prize :)
That's me!

Yeah I'm Simon's mate. Thankfully he's my go-between, but I will be there with the missus tomorrow to pick up some more tickets to sell at the ground.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still going strong are we?

Grecian1987

Yep - I've raised £84 in two days at my work, which is great going for this normally tight-fisted bunch.