• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A plea for this great day

papillon

Can we for one day only stop all the negative posts about how the club is run, what players should be bought and sold, what players should play and be dropped, how big the away end should be, who should organise tickets and how etc.

And get behind the team......................................Today is testament to how far we Have come in a few short years from a very perilous position where the club could well have folded.

I for one am going to enjoy it immensely. No pressure just a lot of cider with good mates a sing song more cider and a kebab!!

LETS BE F*CKING AVING YA!!

UTC

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh do behave Paps. It's just another League match. So it's Leeds. Big deal. It's a testament as to how far they've fallen as much as it is how far we've gone. With the right players, League One is an achievable target for us. For a club the size of Leeds, League One should only come onto their radar for a cup match.
If you want to live in the land of rosey because of somebody elses misfortune, then so be it. As for the rest of us, let us get on with it. Due dilligence will no doubt be given because I expect to see the best side we've ever played in a League match at The Park but if we get done over because WE don't play to our abilities then what are you expecting. If they stuff us because THEY DON'T LET US get near them, we'll you hold your hands up and say so.

papillon

Oh do behave Paps. It's just another League match. So it's Leeds. Big deal. It's a testament as to how far they've fallen as much as it is how far we've gone. With the right players, League One is an achievable target for us. For a club the size of Leeds, League One should only come onto their radar for a cup match.
If you want to live in the land of rosey because of somebody elses misfortune, then so be it. As for the rest of us, let us get on with it. Due dilligence will no doubt be given because I expect to see the best side we've ever played in a League match at The Park but if we get done over because WE don't play to our abilities then what are you expecting. If they stuff us because THEY DON'T LET US get near them, we'll you hold your hands up and say so.
No Ian, I am just hoping for sh*t like this not to be posted BEFORE we have even f*cking started the game. Tomorrow you can dissect the game all you like.

Without realising it you are already being negative and a ball hasnt been kicked.

SHAKES HEAD IN DISBELIEF!

grecIAN Harris

That's where you're wrong Paps. I go into the match with the same hope and anticipation as you do but all the pomopous crap about how far we've come.................. oh dear. Do you not think that the Leeds fans are coming down here thinking the reverse, 'we were in The Champions League a few seasons back whilst this lot were struggling to get out of The Conference and now we've got to play them'. We, as a club, are big enough to achieve League One. Leeds should never get even close to playing in League One with their size and stature. Why we're playing them today is more about their failings as a club than our achievements.

Cowshed Life

Paps I'm totally with you on this one!!!

Red Square -> Cider -> Big Bank -> Sing

One Club, One Love

CITY TILL I DIE!!!

grecIAN Harris

Big Bank -> Sing....... CITY TILL I DIE!!!
I'll be there given it all that aswell (well, as much as this bloody cold will let me before my voice totally falls apart).

papillon

That's where you're wrong Paps. I go into the match with the same hope and anticipation as you do but all the pomopous crap about how far we've come.................. oh dear. Do you not think that the Leeds fans are coming down here thinking the reverse, 'we were in The Champions League a few seasons back whilst this lot were struggling to get out of The Conference and now we've got to play them'. We, as a club, are big enough to achieve League One. Leeds should never get even close to playing in League One with their size and stature. Why we're playing them today is more about their failings as a club than our achievements.
You have missed the point completely Ian. All I am saying is it is a big day for this club and albiet maybe we are back where we belong but from where we were it is a big achievement with little or no money.

Just enjoy the moment.

Simples

citizen

PAPS,
I don`t think you can win .

YES how far have we come and as usual success is measured by different people in different ways.

Unfortunately you will have people who look at the glass half empty.
Personally I think we may get stuffed today ,but I going to enjoy the day ,as I`m enjoying the roller coaster ride that is Exeter City F.C.
This is only one game in the season ,but as you said "look how far we have come" and not worry about the rest of the crap.
Sit back and enjoy.
IS TIS WE TRUST.

Citizen.

dommers

I think it's a disgrace that we have scored yet and for that matter haven't even created a chance.

papillon

I think it's a disgrace that we have scored yet and for that matter haven't even created a chance.
Well done Dommers I like the positivity saying 'we have scored' already!!