• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A pint during the match?

Stelios

Another revenue stream for clubs so of course they're keen.

It's a shame we can't be treated like adults but lets be honest football has more than its fair share of morons who would spoil it for everyone else.

If you've sat in or near hospitality area it's clear some aren't bothered about the football and arrive at seat at 14:59. Leave seat at 15:40. Come back at 16:05. I imagine this could get annoying if this was happening all game.

Can't help but think certain sections would take great delight in chucking beer in the air after a goal.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't understand why they can't whack a gate at the end of Stadium Way and allow people from the Bank to use Red Square at half time.
a) it's presumably a public road and there will shortly be 312 students coming and going up Stadium Way, unless you put a barrier on our land across from the BB turnstiles right across at a diagonal, very difficult to engineer.

b) need to check tickets again on re-entry to segregate seats and terrace

I believe there was consideration given at an early stage of planning the new stand to having a bar in the Triangle but the logistics are again against this esp. re. very little circulation space, emergency exit, plus the 1985 Act and not drinking in sight of the pitch etc.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always use red square or centre spot at half time for a quick pint.

I'm all for any improvement in opportunity to have a beer.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
No thanks to a beer at half time ...... I'm usually too pi$$ed before KO to want anymore, besides it gives me a couple of hours to sober up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was really nice at this year's Conifa World Cup to be able to stand against the railings with a pint in my hand. Not sure I'd want to stand on the Big Bank with a pint though.

Part of the problems is the interpretation of "in view of the pitch". That shouldn't be so strict.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad to think that people can't go 2 hours without an alcoholic drink.

IndoMike

For me a pint after the game suited me best, and I too can't understand why it's so important to have a beer during the match, but each to his own I guess.

PeteUSA

Bang on mate! Thats a point I tried to make earlier. I think its been incorporated into the matchday experience for a few. I was a problem drinker up until nearly two years ago; theres no way though that I'd feel like a pint, in some cases 45 minutes into arriving at SJP? Beer and football just dont mix as far as I'm concerned. Have a skinful at the center spot after the match; but before? No way.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
On away journeys most people I know drink before the game and at half time.... and afterwards... and the next day... :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I was a problem drinker up until nearly two years ago;
You mean you never got the round in ?