• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A petition to increase Trust control of the club

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is some interesting points raised at the last Grecians Groups Forum;
http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/news/512/202/January-Grecian-Groups-Forum-Transcript

I fully support the need for a fans forum (soon) and this was raised at the forum. I am hopeful to sort this shortly!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
There is some interesting points raised at the last Grecians Groups Forum;
http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/news/512/202/January-Grecian-Groups-Forum-Transcript

I fully support the need for a fans forum (soon) and this was raised at the forum. I am hopeful to sort this shortly!
Good on you Martin [y]

Thames Valley Red

Dave et al,

I have avoided Exeweb for the week and just seen your mail. Is there a new petition.........if there is i might sign. But as people assumed I am only a 'one man crusade' I decided to pull out earlier this week. Couple of reason, the politics of the Trust and the idea that one person can change it. When I felt people were asking me to drive it on my own I deferred the pleasure.

I am slowly withdrawing from posting, but felt by default you had put an action on for me. I am unable to do the action. I would try and appear for a Fans Forum if it is not midweek and at a crazy time. a match day is best, despite the volunteering required, is the best day to capture fans!

UTC

TVR

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dave et al,

I have avoided Exeweb for the week and just seen your mail. Is there a new petition.........if there is i might sign. But as people assumed I am only a 'one man crusade' I decided to pull out earlier this week. Couple of reason, the politics of the Trust and the idea that one person can change it. When I felt people were asking me to drive it on my own I deferred the pleasure.

I am slowly withdrawing from posting, but felt by default you had put an action on for me. I am unable to do the action. I would try and appear for a Fans Forum if it is not midweek and at a crazy time. a match day is best, despite the volunteering required, is the best day to capture fans!

UTC

TVR
I signed the existing petition Al and it was still there yesterday. This isn't a one-man crusade mate - loads of people I know are f*cked off with the lack of money-making initiatives and support to the trust coffers from the club and its fans. Grecian Max is doing amazingly, but why aren't the club already doing similar things? If it wasn't for the odd fan-led momentum, there'd be no impetus whatsoever.

I've got stacks of questions, Martin Lawrence is trying to arrange a fans forum, which - if hosted may negate the need for an EGM - but we need people there like yourself and Neil Le M, and RHK and people who know what the answers to the questions posed should be, and have a more finely-tuned bullsh*t detector than I and many others. For that and many other reasons, don't leave these discussions Al, we need all the old-hand experience as possible if the club and trust are going to be revitalised as we must surely all agree they need to be

dommers

This isn't a one-man crusade mate - loads of people I know are f*cked off with the lack of money-making initiatives and support to the trust coffers from the club and its fans. Grecian Max is doing amazingly, but why aren't the club already doing similar things? If it wasn't for the odd fan-led momentum, there'd be no impetus whatsoever.
Surely if enough people really felt this way then they would be easily elected on to the trust and do something about it. Or is it just a case of I know better but can't be bothered to do anything about it.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely if enough people really felt this way then they would be easily elected on to the trust and do something about it. Or is it just a case of I know better but can't be bothered to do anything about it.
Really? For a start, the people I referred to live well away from Exeter and simply don't have the funds to come in and out to be an active part of running the club. Nor do they have the time, they have full-time jobs that aren't flexible in hours, and also have families to squeeze in too.

The above applies to me as well as it goes.

That doesn't mean that those supporters have no right to an active say in the clubs direction like you intimate, the BOS are elected members but those not in the BOS should still feel comfortable voicing their concerns.

One final point, if everyone who felt that change was needed had to join the BOS to make a stance, then we would not have a BOS, more like a 200 club

dommers

Really? For a start, the people I referred to live well away from Exeter and simply don't have the funds to come in and out to be an active part of running the club. Nor do they have the time, they have full-time jobs that aren't flexible in hours, and also have families to squeeze in too.

That doesn't mean that those supporters have no right to an active say in the clubs direction like you intimate, the BOS are elected members but those not in the BOS should still feel comfortable voicing their concerns.
I understand perfectly well that some people work and/or live too far away to play as active a part in the club as they would although it strikes me that there is an awful lot of criticism aimed at those who are able to and trying to help out. If more time was spent supporting what those who are elected are trying to do then I'm sure the club would be better. Do you really think those elected do not have the best interests of the club at heart?

I did not say that other supporters had no right in voicing an opinion although inevitably it will be difficult as I suspect everyone one of these other supporters has a different idea about how the club should move forward and it would be chaos if the club listened to all of them.

Grecian1966

I signed the existing petition Al and it was still there yesterday. This isn't a one-man crusade mate - loads of people I know are f*cked off with the lack of money-making initiatives and support to the trust coffers from the club and its fans. Grecian Max is doing amazingly, but why aren't the club already doing similar things? If it wasn't for the odd fan-led momentum, there'd be no impetus whatsoever.
David we all are the Trust as well as the BOS, therefore does the inertia of the BOS preclude anyone from starting an initiative? It hasn't stopped the 1931 or Max initiatives. Personally I don't think there is the appetite at the moment for trying to squeeze money out of you, me or anyone at the moment. I'm not having a go but waiting for others to pull their finger out is a recipe for .....well nothing really:D If you want something to happen perhaps we should all just get on with it ourselves.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

The above applies to me as well as it goes.

One final point, if everyone who felt that change was needed had to join the BOS to make a stance, then we would not have a BOS, more like a 200 club
Why not? If you cannot spend the time, effort or money then why should you have a say over someone who does? 'Yeah but I go to loads of away games' isn't really enough, is it? What else do you contribute, other than your voice and presence on some far flung terrace?

Oh deary me.

That is all.