• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new game to play

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Time
To: [email protected]

Dear Sirs

Please could you inform me what the time (sponsored by Accurist) is at the moment?

Also, I frequent a club called 'Timepiece' on regular basis, and the owner of the club would like to sponsor the time when your current deal runs out. Please could you let me know when your sponsorship of the time expires so that I can pass this information on to the proprietor?

Kind regards

Danny Bailey

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Time

Dear Sirs

Please could you inform me what the time (sponsored by Accurist) is at the moment?

Also, I frequent a club called 'Timepiece' on regular basis, and the owner of the club would like to sponsor the time when your current deal runs out. Please could you let me know when your sponsorship of the time expires so that I can pass this information on to the proprietor?

Kind regards

Danny Bailey
Wow, that was quick! Response:

Subject: FW: Time

Dear Danny,
Please be advised that Accurist no longer sponsors the speaking clock. If you are interested in taking up the sponsorship please direct your enquiries directly to BT.

However, if you need to find the exact time, you can access our website and the Accurist on line clock which was compiled during a tour of the nation by the people of Britain.

Yours sincerely,
B Ritacca

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brilliant thread! Good to have a look when i need a laugh

HAND

Sent to; Forum Adminastrator of this website!!!

To whom it may concern.
I used to work for the South West Electricity Board but retired some 20 years ago.
I decided it was about time I caught up with some of my old work chums and decided to use the internet to do this.
Well you can imagine my surprise when I joined this site and all you talk about is football and not a single mention of electricity.
I know people have different interests when they retire but surly a web site dedicated to ex sweb engineers would have some sort
of reference to the job that we all used to do. I know I cannot make you talk about this but would appreciate at least one thread dedicated to this topic.
I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the success of my first one I've just compiled a second (sent to Coca-Cola). I like this game.

Pepsi/Coca-Cola

Add to Contacts

Hello.

In this wonderful weather I've been popping into the odd bar, pub or club to enjoy a few drinks and I have noticed an irritating little problem. For example in a JD Whetherspoon pub if I ask for a vodka and coke the bar staff always ask "Is Pepsi okay?" which is a waste of good drinking time. Would it be possible for you to contact people like this and tell them that essentially the two drinks are the same and no one really gives a t*ss?

I'd be most grateful if you could contact The Imperial in Exeter (Devon) first, as I was planning on beginning my daily binge in about 30 minutes (liquid lunch, dinner and supper with any luck).

Many thanks in advance,

Barry.

P.s Could you also give the nice people at Pepsi the same information, I couldn't find a contact e-mail on any of their websites. Cheers.

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would love it if they replied saying -

Add to Contacts
To: Barry

Dear Barry,

We have taken your comments on board and spoken to the manager at the Imperial in Exeter, Devon and the manager states that you only occasionally purchase vodka and coke and frequently drink other drink mainly those in pint glasses. The manager was happy to retrain his staff to simply get the drink for you as you are well known in that specific establishment. I have made the customer service team at PepsiCo aware of this, and, as yet, were awaiting their response. As a result of the serious annoyance you must have received please find enclosed a £5 E-voucher for Coca - Cola products and JD Wetherspoons in Exeter have offered you an all day breakfast for free when you next appear, which will be probably before you receive this email.

Kind Regards

The Customer Care team

Joshyd123

Sent: 21 June 2010 00:42:15

Hi Jeremy,

I recently joined Sky from Virgin Media and have thoroughly enjoyed using your service... until today that is. My Sky card has decided to give up on me, so have managed to get my VirginMedia box up and running again until this is replaced.

However, I like Richard Branson at VirginMedia, but I also like Jeremy Darroch of Sky. But who's customer care package is best, I hear myself ask? Well, there's only one way to find out!

I'd like to organise a royal come together of Branson and Darroch to see who wins, in order to see who I continue my subscription with. Would this be possible?

I look forward to your reply,

Kind regards.
Sent: 21 June 2010 14:53:34

Dear Mr D

Thank you for your email, which has been passed to our Executive Support Team to respond.

In order to allow us to investigate your enquiry, can you please reply to this email providing your Sky account number, full postal address and daytime contact number.

Once received a member of the team will contact you.

Kind regards

Executive Support Team
Customer Assurance,
BSKYB-Customer Operations

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not had much luck with Coca-Cola so far so tried someone else:

Money
Add to Contacts
Hiya.

I'm a bit hard up at the minute and a friend told me that the Bank has loads of money just lying around in bags. Apparently everyone working at banks lights cigars up with £20 notes and eat caviar for breakfast. Anyway that's not really my business, you can do whatever you want with your millions, I was just wondering if I could have some free money, perhaps 50 or 100 quid? I'd put it all back into the economy by buying British beer.

Looking forward to your reply,

Barry.

P.S I don't even mind if it's just in coins.

LOG

BP, that's Beyond Petroleum, aren't very friendly;

Sent: 21 June 2010 12:27:44

Dear Sir,

Our brand summed up by two words 'beyond petroleum'

Please visit:

http://www.bp.com/marketingsection.do?categoryId=2&contentId=7013628

I hope this information helps,

Kind Regards,

Csaba

Retail Customer Care Team

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just waiting for the first person to e-mail a particularly litigious company and get a reply saying "The Rozzers will be with you in 20 minutes". :p