• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A Heartfelt Plea

On_The_Beach

...from the civilised folk of Devon.

We in Torquay and surrounding areas rely heavily on the tourist industry for our economy and this involves not just relying on the natural beauty of the area but also of projecting an image of friendliness of the local people.

Tomorrow the eyes of the country, nay, the world will be upon the overgrown farming village of Exeter to see a meeting between our Two Dirty Secrets - the funny-talking, heavy-drinking, trouble-making, constantly-dribbling city folk who make up a sizable proportion of our fair counties population.

Now don't get me wrong, we need you guys to cut our grass, pick up our litter, keep our pubs in business and fill our prisons but please, tomorrow, try and behave yourselves. If you must fight, take it somewhere where no-one will see and literally knock yourselves (and each other) out.

Thank you.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

We in Torquay and surrounding areas rely heavily on the tourist industry for our economy and this involves not just relying on the natural beauty of the area but also of projecting an image of friendliness of the local people.

Tomorrow the eyes of the country, nay, the world will be upon the overgrown farming village of Exeter to see a meeting between our Two Dirty Secrets - the funny-talking, heavy-drinking, trouble-making, constantly-dribbling city folk who make up a sizable proportion of our fair counties population.

Now don't get me wrong, we need you guys to cut our grass, pick up our litter, keep our pubs in business and fill our prisons but please, tomorrow, try and behave yourselves. If you must fight, take it somewhere where no-one will see and literally knock yourselves (and each other) out.

Thank you.
You forgot..Pay your taxes to pay for our pensions.

Phil Sayers

We have all agreed to meet up in Torquay and then smash the place up.

Gulls would be best advised to hide away their shirts and lock up their daughters.

i8cornwall

funny-talking, heavy-drinking, trouble-making, constantly-dribbling
isnt this your average gulls fan though?

Grecian2K

We have all agreed to meet up in Torquay and then smash the place up.

Gulls would be best advised to hide away their daughters and lock up their shirts.
Amended for factuals

Grecian2K

On_The_Beach;1175687and fill our prisons .[/QUOTE said:
I was wondering where Torquay Prison was?.....

.....then someone kindly sent me this link [y]

The Buck-all State Penitentiary and Correction Centre for the Criminally Inept (and obese)

Red Monster

Thank you.
I here Scott Rendell had not such a pleasant return to Torbay by the oh so friendly locals!!

what was said to scott rendell was both disgusting and well well out of order,nobody deserved to be shouted obsceneties regarding a death of a child,deplorable and the club are pursuing it,sadly we have all got low iq followers,lets hope this one is found and banned for life

Red Monster

what was said to scott rendell was both disgusting and well well out of order,nobody deserved to be shouted obsceneties regarding a death of a child,deplorable and the club are pursuing it,sadly we have all got low iq followers,lets hope this one is found and banned for life
Well said hope he's found named and shamed .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shouldn't you be worried about Chesterfield fans invading the pitch and punching your goalkeeper?