• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

3 points tonight or win on Monday ?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll take a win tonight and a single goal defeat on Monday. At least that'll give us something to play for in the return leg.

ecfc01

Just says it all.

He thinks tonight is the JPT game, how does he find his way home after a day at the clinic ?
Sorry I got my dates mixed up big wow there,

Besides I still think all games is a must,

We must win all three games against them,

Didnt they do us 4-2 last time?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
100% would prefer a win tonight. The league must always be a priority as ultimately if we struggle in the second half of this season and end up in League 2 next year, the JPT would be of little consolation.

As others have said even if we lose by the odd goal on Monday, we still have a good chance of going through, in any case.

NilesCrane

A win tonight by miles.

If Harley goes we will struggle for the rest of the season. The JPT is small time and the money from it is the same. After two Wembley visits in recent years for games that really matter the JTP final will be a massive anti-climax.

The fact that City are selling semi-final tickets cheap says it all. If we need incentives to get people to attend a home game semi-final with a trip to Wembley at stake, what makes anyone think the masses will go to the final, particulary if it is on the TV.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
A win tonight by miles.

If Harley goes we will struggle for the rest of the season. The JPT is small time and the money from it is the same. After two Wembley visits in recent years for games that really matter the JTP final will be a massive anti-climax.

The fact that City are selling semi-final tickets cheap says it all. If we need incentives to get people to attend a home game semi-final with a trip to Wembley at stake, what makes anyone think the masses will go to the final, particulary if it is on the TV.
Spot on Doc.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
A win tonight. We know we won't lose many at home during the rest of the season but are likely to have too many draws as usual. Every away win really matters, and Griffin Park is definitely one of the places we can get 3pts.

I'm not going tonight but will be there on Monday night. A defeat by no more than one goal in the JPT can be turned around back at SJP on Feb 8th.

rick whitemore

Win tonight, whatever the score on Monday its still a 2 legged affair.

bsmaff

A win tonight by miles.

The Tinpot is crap but it is a worth about £300k getting to wembley and we could do with that money maybe for extra wages next season.
So although the league is important we are not going to go down, we are not going to make the play offs.
So why not have a trip to Wembley and beat Hudders in the final.

I'd prefer league points so I want & expect at least a point tonight.
The paintpot isn't as important although I guess we must have earnt around 60K + ? so far in prize money & shares of gate receipts.2 more games & a bit of 'Sky' money will come in handy.
I'd love a day out in London & another Wembley visit so a draw or narrow defeat on Monday would do me.Oh & maybe give Shep,Bennett a go or get rid of 'em asap.

greenawayr

In 08/09 the winners of the Paintpot Cup picked up £100k plus £350k in gate receipts.

Not sure the gate receipts would increase, depends on the oppo I guess, but you'd imagine the prize money has gone up a little over the last couple of years and I'd also imagine we've made around 50k or so getting here not to mention a decent take from all of the away games, without the expense of having to stage a match.