• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

***** 23rd March **** Your neighbours need your support - Torquay United in peril

YellowMayday

Firslty, aplogies for the way in which our Pre Season game against you was conducted, it was shameful and beneath us.

I have copied and pasted this from my post on our fans forum page.

Hello Grecian Army,

Well times at Torquay United are dire indeed.
Most of us fans who have followed the club through good and bad times are of the mind that our owner is overseeing a managed decline to achieve his end goal.

This is a call to the Grecians, our friendly (or not so friendly at times) rivals, but not anymore, we are light years behind you, to come along and add to the volume of protests and assist us in whatever way possible to shine a light on and draw attention to the regime in play at Plainmoor. TUFC is being stolen from the fans and the town and we need all the support we can get to protest against it. It's not about getting back in the league anymore, it's about ensuring the club exists still in the near future.
Every home game is now a protest for the long overdue sacking of Johnson, but much more of a bigger issue, Clark Osborne.

Thanks for reading.

YellowMayday

These are the relevant threads on the Torquay forum

and on Pasoti

Squeezebox

Firslty, aplogies for the way in which our Pre Season game against you was conducted, it was shameful and beneath us.
Thank you for that, it probably alienated a good many of us who may have been sympathetic to your cause. I'm sure none of us really want to see you go out of business - we've been so close to that! Best of luck in achieving your goals!

Last edited by a moderator:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're away to Leighton Orient that day and the Gulls are entertaining Ben Seymour's Hampton & Richmond whose manager is Mel Gwinnett.

Matt Russell

We're away to Leighton Orient that day and the Gulls are entertaining Ben Seymour's Hampton & Richmond whose manager is Mel Gwinnett.
Leyton Orient vs ECFC likely to be impacted as it's international break time again.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Leyton Orient vs ECFC likely to be impacted as it's international break time again.
Wonder if the plumbers in the H&R ranks will be effected?

YellowMayday

Wonder if the plumbers in the H&R ranks will be effected?
We can only hope, might give us a better chance to win

andrew p long

(perhaps best to merge this thread with The Serious Torquay Thread where the background is explained - especially by Granville Gull)

When Torquay fans/Trust have a positive way forward (even perhaps, if necessary, in the form of a phoenix club) they will have my full support -even to the extent of joining their Trust.

YellowMayday

(perhaps best to merge this thread with The Serious Torquay Thread where the background is explained - especially by Granville Gull)

When Torquay fans/Trust have a positive way forward (even perhaps, if necessary, in the form of a phoenix club) they will have my full support -even to the extent of joining their Trust.
Do i have the option to do that myself or does an admin have to do it?

STURTZ

Would love to see a resurgent Torquay, can't beleive the indignaties they are having to suffer at present. Best of luck Gulls!