• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2012/13 Shirt Manufacturer

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
So would it not be better to get someone reliable on a deal like the Carbrini one rather than give Nike £10 more per shirt. I can't imagine the difference in sales would make up for the gap in revenue.
I can imagine you are wrong. Consumer resistance to the inferior product was very significant. I personally bought a "defective" (weren't they all??) one for £25 but would not have shelled out the full price for one, despite liking the design and style

MikeGrecian

Liverpool have penned a deal with a relative unknown :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16627867
Warrior??Unusual for a huge club to have a unknown kit manufacturer:-OStill think we'll be stuck with Chavbrini for a while yet though:'(

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the deal comes to an end at the end of this season (3 year deal), so fingers crossed we'll have a new manufacturer in place for next season!

MikeGrecian

I believe the deal comes to an end at the end of this season (3 year deal), so fingers crossed we'll have a new manufacturer in place for next season!
I sincerely hope you're right,can't imagine being stuck with them for another season:(

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I can imagine you are wrong. Consumer resistance to the inferior product was very significant. I personally bought a "defective" (weren't they all??) one for £25 but would not have shelled out the full price for one, despite liking the design and style
OK that is fine. Anyway I have made representations to the BoS about this

MikeGrecian

OK that is fine. Anyway I have made representations to the BoS about this
So IS this the last season of having to put up with substandard kit suppliers??Would be interesting to know if the other clubs unfortunate enough to have their kits made by Carbrini[Oldham etc] have encountered similair problems.

SGF

So IS this the last season of having to put up with substandard kit suppliers??Would be interesting to know if the other clubs unfortunate enough to have their kits made by Carbrini[Oldham etc] have encountered similair problems.
We won't be putting up with Carbrini sh*t next season

Last edited:

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Simple answer is I don't know

huxwar

Unfortunetely, as home/away kits get replaced in alternative seasons, it may well be a tricky deal to have 2 manufacturers involved at the same time.
generally home and away kits do get changed in alternate seasons, however when a new manufacturer comes on board both get changed I think? I say this as I don't know of any clubs running concurrently with two manufacturers on board at the same time. If so, we will at some point be getting two new kits from someone, and I'm sure they will be far better quality than the Carbrini cr&p we have at present.

Can't wait for the change!

Just a thought. On the latest Brazil update it mentions a meeting with the head of European marketing of a very large corporation. Could this be Nike? Would make sense if this match ever goes ahead that we're in their kit.