• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

1931 Fund and Jack Sparkes

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have thought we'd get a new 1931 funded player next season. Jack was last seen in a properly competitive first team game at Fulham coming on for Lee Holmes. Been playing as a number 3 at Salisbury though sometimes used as a number 11.
Salisbury have had a decent season so let’s hope he can fulfil some of his potential with us this coming season.

Dannyred

Salisbury have had a decent season so let’s hope he can fulfil some of his potential with us this coming season.
Jack reminds me of a player we had about 8 years ago but didn’t make it even though he had the potential to be a regular first team player in many people’s eyes. I just can’t think of his name.

Temporarily Exiled

Jack reminds me of a player we had about 8 years ago but didn’t make it even though he had the potential to be a regular first team player in many people’s eyes. I just can’t think of his name.
Elliott Frear? Went on loan to Salisbury a few years back before joining them permanently. Gone on to greater things since mind.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or James Norwood possibly? ;)

benjisheps

Connor Riley-Lowe? Now at Truro and doing well.

Last edited:

CC

Chris Shepherd?

Dannyred

Elliott Frear? Went on loan to Salisbury a few years back before joining them permanently. Gone on to greater things since mind.
That’s him, I thought he looked an impressive talent on the left and the match away against Walsall he was outstanding.

Then PT let him go.

Temporarily Exiled

That’s him, I thought he looked an impressive talent on the left and the match away against Walsall he was outstanding.

Then PT let him go.
Seeing how he's progressed since, it seems like he absolutely could've made it for us. That said we haven't done too badly with wingers since.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Then PT let him go.
Iirc he had a falling out with Tis over a "social media" post ! As we all know, PT doesn't do criticism, least of all from young players, so shipped him out on loan, and released him at the end of the season !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing how he's progressed since, it seems like he absolutely could've made it for us. That said we haven't done too badly with wingers since.
Hang on...has Frear really progressed? Last seen in England playing for FGR before they got promoted from the Conference and now playing in the SPL. When you see the names of some of the other ex-Grecians up there then I'm not convinced.

Last edited: