• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

“You can’t win anything with kids”.

Saint James

The famous quote by Alan Hansen in 1994/95 when Man Utd lost 3-1 to Aston Villa with six players aged 20 or under. Those kids of course proved Hansen and everyone else wrong and kids were capable of winning. Can our crop of youngsters hold their own or do we still require another three or four senior pro's?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need a striker someone like Cureton(Movement and finishing) but i would say this crop are more than capable of doing well in league 2.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would personally much prefer to see promising youngsters (particularly promising local youngsters), even if they are a bit raw and make some mistakes, rather than ageing journeymen with little affinity with the club and make some mistakes.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would personally much prefer to see promising youngsters (particularly promising local youngsters), even if they are a bit raw and make some mistakes, rather than ageing journeymen with little affinity with the club and make some mistakes.
I think we all would and one thing about this season with all the youngsters coming into the side it will make the fans have more affinity with the players and hopefully we can become more as one to make SJP a real fortress over the coming season.

Grecian_Jay

Is this going to like Roy Hodgeson's England kids? I.e there were 1 or 2.

Are we gonna have a side with the likes of Coles, Baldwin, Butterfield, Woodman, Sercombe, Davies, Oakley etc. Not alot of kids there, add in Bennett and it's hardly an exciting prospect is it.

Colin B

Jay, Always look on the bright side of life!!!!! More doom and gloom from your keyboard again!!

Give the lads a chance for once.

Grecian_Jay

Jay, Always look on the bright side of life!!!!! More doom and gloom from your keyboard again!!

Well am I wrong? If it's a side full of the likes of Wheeler, Keohane, Grimes, Dawson, JMT, Nichols, etc that's fine. I just don't trust Tisdale that that will happen (can't blame me can you given his constant lies).

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am in full agreement Peter. When we finally get the go-ahead to sign players I'm left wondering what members of the 'over the hill gang' will be walking through our doors.

malcolms

History suggests that PT won't have the courage to go with a team consisting of youngsters...this may change, but history suggests otherwise...

paperclip

I suggest you re-read Jay's post. The point he was making is that if Tisdale plays the players mentioned (highly likely given his track record in this department) then we won't be playing the 'lads'. Aaron Dawson anyone?