• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ok, let's have 3 points please.

Avening Posse

Strong away Swindon, think they may use the tactics we used last year of sitting back and catching on the break, but that won't work if we line up defensively. Expecting a very stale low goal affair but hoping to be pleasantly surprised UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Leaving soon. An entertaining win with some great football please!

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/03/23/next-up-exeter-city-vs-swindon-town/

contrabombarde

A very difficult couple of games ahead. Three points today please to help build confidence. I think that a comfortable two or three goal lead is too much to ask for judging by our current form but who knows.

David Treharne

I don't think that even the most ardent climate change denier could argue with the fact that we've had a very wet spring this year. It's currently raining intermittently and we've had 7mm of rain in the last 24 hours (sorry Grecian 2k!). There's 100% grey cloud cover, and the wind is blowing from the NE at about 2. Because of the wind direction the current temperature of 8c feels colder than that. There's not much sign that there's likely to be drizzle or rain for most of the day. Quite what this means in terms of the pitch is difficult to say, but it will probably cut up badly, particularly in front of the IPS stand. It'll be interesting to see what permutation of players are picked for today's (must win) game - but I don't feel particularly optimistic, especially in view of our recent inability to score goals. Could be dour!
Update at 13:00

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that Torquay's game at Plainmoor has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Bongo1959

2-0 city tisdale sent for the chips

STURTZ

Yeah, the game will start at a pace with City having a few attempts before Swindon show that they have the ability to break. After 15 mins both teams will show each other too much respect and little will happen attack wise. After the hour Exeter will bring on a striker, probably Brunt. The game will remain tight and fairly boring until the last couple of minutes when there will be a glorious chance which might or might not be taken. Tisdale will say that we played well.
Not sure about the score though.

Red Monster

It’s all about the 3 points today anything else is a bonus !

David Treharne

Dull barely describes today...hopefully only in a weather sense. It's 9c, but feels slightly colder the wind having shifted round to NNE. There seems little chance of any break in the 100% grey cloud cover and with no move in the barometric pressure there could be more rain or drizzle to come during the afternoon. I fear that two sides that have difficulty in scoring goals might serve up a mind-numbing event of considerable tedium.... but on the other hand...