• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I watch Aussie rules over here, very family orientated and very friendly, and loads drink a beer or two watching the game. Fantastic on a sunny day. Leg room better so walking to get one doesn't annoy everybody else in your row. Massive cultural difference to attending this though, the tribal stuff just isn't there.
I guess it's just part of football culture in the UK to want a beer during a game. I used to like a pint as much as any man although I rarely drink beer now, and of course I accept the right of anyone to have a beer at a match before the game in the relevant areas if they want, but I just don't think it's a big deal if the match has already started and you can't have a beer.

Colesman Ballz

I guess it's just part of football culture in the UK to want a beer during a game. I used to like a pint as much as any man although I rarely drink beer now, and of course I accept the right of anyone to have a beer at a match before the game in the relevant areas if they want, but I just don't think it's a big deal if the match has already started and you can't have a beer.
It treats football supporters as second class citizens though, either apply the law to all sports, or none. Why can Chiefs fans have the option but not us ? Wouldn't the spectacle of Test Match Cricket be the poorer for the loss of the "beer snakes" to enliven dull passages of play ?

IndoMike

It treats football supporters as second class citizens though, either apply the law to all sports, or none. Why can Chiefs fans have the option but not us ? Wouldn't the spectacle of Test Match Cricket be the poorer for the loss of the "beer snakes" to enliven dull passages of play ?
Ballzy : I certainly agree 100% that if it's ok at the Chiefs it's ok at the Park.

PeteUSA

Why can Chiefs fans have the option but not us ?
Because money talks, Mike, and Tony Rowe has got a hell of a lot of it!

Antony Moxey

Because money talks, Mike, and Tony Rowe has got a hell of a lot of it!
Just in case you’re being serious, you’re also about as wrong as you can be. In this case it’s the law that’s talking, not money. It’s nothing to do with Rowe.

Oldsmobile-88

Of course this yet another legacy of that bleddy witch Thatcher. As I recall didn't she also wanted to force all fans to register with their clubs in order to buy a ticket, and then of course you would have only have been able to watch home games, as away and neutral fans would have been banned. Presumably if she had got her way, then you could have had the ridiculous scenario of the Cup Final being played in an empty Wembley Stadium !
!
They were grim days for football..It seemed to be slowly dying at the time with year on year dwindling attendances across the board.It was a long road to recovery,membership cards & such nonsense just muddled the issue.

As far as I can recall,only Luton,Colchester & Torquay had the 100% membership scheme & the ban on away supporters.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll never stop thinking this corner was an opportunity missed.
Seats or a small terrace it would have been nice to have closed the gap.
See The Dell for details.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
If they could sell beer in the new triangle area that would make more money than any stand.

Oldsmobile-88

If they could sell beer in the new triangle area that would make more money than any stand.
There will be a bar under the new stand..