• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Ashes

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyway, in other news, Ben Stokes has been cleared to play for England.
In terms of this thread that's the proverbial "shutting of the stable door after the horse has bolted" !(facepalm)

Alistair20000

Stokes is not allowed to play for England while Plod and the CPS are fannying around.

Stokes is charged with Affray which is a serious offence but can play for England on the basis that the trial may take some time and it would be unfair to stop him playing.

Not sure how logical that is. :S

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stokes is not allowed to play for England while Plod and the CPS are fannying around.

Stokes is charged with Affray which is a serious offence but can play for England on the basis that the trial may take some time and it would be unfair to stop him playing.

Not sure how logical that is. :S
I think the answer is it is totally illogical - maybe there were some Aussies working behind the scenes in CPS and the general Criminal Justice system

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I can only think it was down to the possibility he might have been up for more serious charges.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
This ODI cricket is bloody easy....

Englands ODI side when you add Stokes into it looks a proper side

CREDYGRECIAN

3-0! Not a problem....

5-0 would be a sweet way of saying thanks.

Butler outstanding...Woakes is a very good all round cricketer these days

Antony Moxey

Perhaps the next time we have a test series anywhere just pick the one day side and stick with that instead of sending three different squads out.

CREDYGRECIAN

Hales , Butler , Roy & Morgan all better bats than Ballance , Vince & Stoneman....

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hales , Butler , Roy & Morgan all better bats than Ballance , Vince & Stoneman....
Hales shouldn't be anywhere near the test side.

I wouldn't be against Jos Buttler coming in for Vince, keeping wicket and allowing Bairstow to move up the order.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hales shouldn't be anywhere near the test side.

I wouldn't be against Jos Buttler coming in for Vince, keeping wicket and allowing Bairstow to move up the order.
I'd argue the opposite with both. Hales was coming good as a Test batsman and it was only his refusal to tour Bangladesh that lost him his place.

Buttler's technique with the red ball is *awful*, it's perfectly suited to the comparatively low risk white ball game.