• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's contract

Matt Russell

Bert Trautmann played on with a broken neck. Men were men in them there days.
Quite right, how many keepers use their neck to make a save anyway!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite right, how many keepers use their neck to make a save anyway!
Trautmann went beyond the realms of bravery in that Cup Final, and more than once dived forward to put his head as the initial impact point. Naming no names of course, but compared to him players are gutless. You see Premier League keepers coming off their line with a view to making some sort of attempt to block the ball. Then theres this starfish thing that DeGea seems to do all the time, with reasonable good fortune. Doing the splits (if you can get that low sideways) isnt tecnically right, but he keeps doing it. Our own Mr Pym did it recently in a game, but unfortunately the ball hit the back of the net before he got all the way down! He's a changed man this season though (before somebody says I'm moaning about him!)

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Name the names. What's the problem?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Lets keep it on topic please and not go into the realms of goalkeeping ! This is about Sir Tiz of the Dale after all.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry. Thought I was going to extract something spicy there.

PeteUSA

Name the names. What's the problem?
The "problem" is that coming out with names would no doubt start ramone off. I only filled in a few spaces that Geoff left with his mention of Bert Trautmann, who I doubt if he remembers.

So, back to Tisdales contract. I'll leave it to friend ramone; I see he's hovering, so I'm off to bed.

ExeterCityLad

Fingers crossed it falls through if we have another underachieving season !! Time for a new manager me thinks!

LDNGrecian

Fingers crossed it falls through if we have another underachieving season !! Time for a new manager me thinks!
We're 4th.

PeteUSA

Somebody mentioned: "only another five years" on the matchday thread! Tell me somebody, they weren't alluding to Tisdales contactual arrangements were they?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster