• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections 2017

Exehausted

I'm no computer wizard, but from my limited use of excel spread sheets, surely it wouldn't take long to count up the votes in a preferential system? I would have thought even I could input 5 a minute, so 300 in a hour. Don't we get less than a thousand votes, so 3 hours done and dusted.

Matt Russell

Any report from the hustings?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any report from the hustings?
It was quite interesting, but not brilliantly attended. A few questions were asked from the floor and not a huge differential between the candidates.

Cygnus

I wasn't able to make the Hustings, but I've just noticed that it was live streamed on the Trust Facebook. So I will watch it tomorrow and make my final decision then on who to vote for.

Did any of you go and who of the five candidates stood out?

Doug3101

It was quite interesting, but not brilliantly attended. A few questions were asked from the floor and not a huge differential between the candidates.
I have to agree with that. Personally I did feel a bit cheated.
After some good questions from exewebbers I was expecting more of the same so I did loads of research and learning on shareholdings, community shares amongst other things, only for those questions not to be asked.
Last year the focus at the hustings was accountability and governance, this year predominantly membership.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If the Club is doing well on the field then the Trust will be viewed positively, if the Club is doing badly then that will reflect badly on the Trust. Hence the different types of questions each year. Perhaps we should have had the hustings after the game!

Cygnus

I've watched the Hustings video on the Trust Facebook this morning and it was pretty uninspiring stuff, with nearly all the discussion being on how to increase membership, but it did help me to make my mind up.

I wias impressed by Mark Cordell who will get my vote, along with Pete Martin. Not sure if I will use my other two votes yet though.

Doug3101

I've watched the Hustings video on the Trust Facebook this morning and it was pretty uninspiring stuff, with nearly all the discussion being on how to increase membership, but it did help me to make my mind up.

I wias impressed by Mark Cordell who will get my vote, along with Pete Martin. Not sure if I will use my other two votes yet though.
Unfortunately we could only answer the questions put to us on the day. I did actually print off copies of the questions put to me from exewebbers but didn't get the chance to distribute them.

Terryhall

I am still waiting for my ballot paper (have contacted the Trust via e-mail to advise it hasn't yet arrived) but I've already decided where my votes will go. My better half has also completed her ballot and will be sending back in the coming days.

Red Bill

I think the hustings event is an out dated format the the Trust feel obliged to hold. Last year I felt they were a complete waste of time and it appears that this year's were not much better. Personally I liked Doug's idea of there being a space provided in Red Square before matches where candidates can stand/sit and answer questions form anyone who wishes to approach them, I think this would give a far better opportunity for members to get the measure of the candidates.

I'll be abroad during the AGM so I'd like to wish all the candidates the best of luck, I'd personally like to see all five of them on the TB so I hope the unsuccessful candidate will stand again next year.