• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Moore-Taylor

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair point, John. Admittedly, I've not seen much of Croll, had mistakenly thought he was used more as full back cover. As a left sided CB maybe it was the reason he wasn't brought on as replacement for the injured Troy Brown at Wembley, Sweeney coming on instead.
Croll has played CB and LB for us but I think he prefers CB. He's done OK in either role the times he's played. He's also still young, not 23 until January.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fact that I'm surprised he's only 24, just goes to show how good he was at such a young age when he broke into the team. Not only a rock at the back but also very hand at set pieces. Hope he is back soon!
It's interesting that I recall having a conversation with Taggy 4+ years ago when I told him how much I rated Jake Gosling in the crop of youngsters at that time. He said, "Really? Jordan Moore-Taylor is a far bigger prospect in my opinion". Good bit of talent spotting there from JT in hindsight.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
p.s. Tis implied a few weeks ago (5th Sept) that Croll wouldn't be out long.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/paul-tisdale-gives-update-dean-427436

Presumably Moxey could also play CB if needed. But Tuesday showed TB and TAH don't work together.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
But Tuesday showed TB and TAH don't work together.
Bit harsh on TAH. He didn't have the best game and looked a bit jittery but I don't think he's played a run of 5 or more games in a row since he was with us last time! it's going to take a bit of time to find his form and confidence. Tis will play him again on Saturday if JMT isn't fit, of that I have no doubt

Terryhall

It's interesting that I recall having a conversation with Taggy 4+ years ago when I told him how much I rated Jake Gosling in the crop of youngsters at that time. He said, "Really? Jordan Moore-Taylor is a far bigger prospect in my opinion". Good bit of talent spotting there from JT in hindsight.
Agree. Whatever else anyone may have to say about Mr Tagg, what is undeniably true is that he is passionate and knowledgable when it comes to the academy.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
p.s. Tis implied a few weeks ago (5th Sept) that Croll wouldn't be out long.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/paul-tisdale-gives-update-dean-427436

Presumably Moxey could also play CB if needed. But Tuesday showed TB and TAH don't work together.
Also moving Sweeney in there creates a gaping big gap at right back....unless he's prepared to put Wilson in at RB

Well-known Exeweb poster
is he bac training? , whats the news ?

denzil

I heard another 2 or even 4 weeks..........................

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
JMT and Harley are our most injury prone players

Dubai Grecian

JMT and Harley are our most injury prone players
Difficult to see where Ryan would fit in the current starting 11