• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Undisclosed fee

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's been posted elsewhere that Ollie Watkins' fee was 'undisclosed' at the request of Brentford, and apparently Matt Grimes fee was undisclosed at the request of Swansea. Now we have Wheeler's fee listed as 'undisclosed' too, again at the request of the buying club?

So is this, as Jase suggests elsewhere, the norm for the buying club to make the stipulation, or is it just coincidence that pretty much every single transfer Exeter City has made, either in or out, for pretty much as long as I can remember, is 'undisclosed'? I'm genuinely struggling here - can anyone remember when a transfer of ours, again either in or out, was announced with the fee OFFICIALLY made public? Come to that, when was the last time we signed a player permanently and announced how long the deal was for?

Openness and transparency eh (and yes, I did see Heinze's post but that still doesn't chance the fact that it seems that we're the only team where every transfer is 'undisclosed')?

Banksy

Well I can't remember one which was announced with the fee made public.I've long thought that for whatever reason the problem arises at our end.

Last edited:

budegrecian

Just posted about this on the David Wheeler thread.
Apparantly, it is always at the request of the buying club that the fee is undisclosed...... Personally, as all of these clubs have been involved in much bigger transfers previously & been happy to disclose the fee, it doesn't really hold water. & even if it does, we should simply explain that as a fans owned club there is a moral obligation to disclose the fee to our 'owners'. I don't imagine any of the deals would have fallen through if we refused the request.
For me, this would be an easy win for both boards with regard to transparency & improved communications.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just posted about this on the David Wheeler thread.
Apparantly, it is always at the request of the buying club that the fee is undisclosed...... Personally, as all of these clubs have been involved in much bigger transfers previously & been happy to disclose the fee, it doesn't really hold water. & even if it does, we should simply explain that as a fans owned club there is a moral obligation to disclose the fee to our 'owners'. I don't imagine any of the deals would have fallen through if we refused the request.
For me, this would be an easy win for both boards with regard to transparency & improved communications.
at the request of the buying club is nonsence just an easy way out for city, wtf wouldnt qpr want to tell us they spent 500g's on a player, it hardly a HUGE amount for them.

Exe on Valdez

at the request of the buying club is nonsence just an easy way out for city, wtf wouldnt qpr want to tell us they spent 500g's on a player, it hardly a HUGE amount for them.
Wots Ur valuashun 4 weelybin bondy?

StroudGrecian

they spent 500g's on a player
That can only have been Maradona.

andrew p long

as stated on the Wheeler thread Taggy said publicly 'undisclosed was at Brentford's request. If that was wrong then you'd have expected Brentford to correct it.

Taggy then went on to say that 'I can confirm it is a club record fee' The accounts show (apparently that the rumoured 1.75m was correct for Matt Grimes.

Taggy was therefore giving a huge nod and wink to 1.8m for Ollie whilst technically complying with Brentford's request.

dontpassback

As a fan owned club,we should have the right to know the amounts involved,I don't expect the club to tell us the full details,but some info would be nice.all this guff about the buying club not wanting to disclose details should be batted away post haste.as others have said sooner or later the details will be released by someone in the know at the buying club,and we have to wait to here from outside sources what our players are worth !

dontpassback

It's been posted elsewhere that Ollie Watkins' fee was 'undisclosed' at the request of Brentford, and apparently Matt Grimes fee was undisclosed at the request of Swansea. Now we have Wheeler's fee listed as 'undisclosed' too, again at the request of the buying club?

So is this, as Jase suggests elsewhere, the norm for the buying club to make the stipulation, or is it just coincidence that pretty much every single transfer Exeter City has made, either in or out, for pretty much as long as I can remember, is 'undisclosed'? I'm genuinely struggling here - can anyone remember when a transfer of ours, again either in or out, was announced with the fee OFFICIALLY made public? Come to that, when was the last time we signed a player permanently and announced how long the deal was for?

Openness and transparency eh (and yes, I did see Heinze's post but that still doesn't chance the fact that it seems that we're the only team where every transfer is 'undisclosed')?
The only one I can remember is when tony kellow went to Blackpool for 65.000 I think.

Fareham Grecian

As a fan owned club,we should have the right to know the amounts involved,I don't expect the club to tell us the full details,but some info would be nice.all this guff about the buying club not wanting to disclose details should be batted away post haste.as others have said sooner or later the details will be released by someone in the know at the buying club,and we have to wait to here from outside sources what our players are worth !
Apart from it being 'nice', what is the point of anyone knowing? How does it help the club, or even you as an individual fan?