• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board Election - Hustings and deadline for questions

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trust Members are reminded that the Hustings for the Trust Election take place on Saturday 8th October. These will start at 10.30 in the Grecian Centre at St James Park. We will need to finish by 1.00 as matchday activities take precedence thereafter.

As the ballot papers and manifestos went out a couple of days later than we intended we are extending the deadline for receipt of questions until Noon on Monday 3rd October.

The candidates will be able to make a very short introductory statement, though any candidate unable to be present can send in a statement to be read to the Hustings on their behalf.

After that the meeting will belong to the Members. Questions will be put to all the Candidates in turn, though at least one is unable to attend and will be afforded the opportunity to provide written answers to be read to the meeting.

Please send your questions to [email protected], post them to the Trust Secretary at St James Park or hand them in to Club Reception before noon on Monday.

Questions received after that date or handed in at the meeting may be put to the candidates if time allows, but this is not guaranteed.

p.s.

Exewebbers who are not part of the Trust should note that these Hustings are only open to Trust Members.

Terryhall

Just to say that I am the "one" mentioned that won't be able to attend either the hustings or the AGM I'm afraid. I will be sending in written responses to any questions that are raised and hope there is a lively debate.

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to say that I am the "one" mentioned that won't be able to attend either the hustings or the AGM I'm afraid. I will be sending in written responses to any questions that are raised and hope there is a lively debate.
Hmm, this is rather worrying. How often will you be able to attend meetings?

Terryhall

I don't want to stray over any line of what I can and cannot post on here and happy to go into more detail via PM - but what I will say is that before I started canvassing for support to put my name forward as a candidate, I double checked that remote attendance via Skype, alongside "in person" attendance as often as I could manage, would be something that the Trust would be OK with. Completely understood however that this is "part of the package" for anyone who is considering who they ought to vote for.

Bittners a Legend

How somebody attends a meeting is so much less important than whether they have the skills and knowledge suitable for the role in my opinion. I'd hope nobody would be so short-sighted as to dismiss a candidate based on whether they attend a meeting in person or by Skype. I don't know Terry Hall but having read the manifestos a couple of times I'd say that arguably he is the one candidate it is most essential we get elected if we want the Trust Board to start seriously holding the Club Board to account.

Yes because the ones who have been able to make it to meetings over the years have done such a cracking job haven't they. It is better to have the right person who is unable to attend some meetings than the wrong people who make every meeting.

Not saying Terry is the right or wrong person as do not know him btw .

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
How somebody attends a meeting is so much less important than whether they have the skills and knowledge suitable for the role in my opinion. I'd hope nobody would be so short-sighted as to dismiss a candidate based on whether they attend a meeting in person or by Skype. I don't know Terry Hall but having read the manifestos a couple of times I'd say that arguably he is the one candidate it is most essential we get elected if we want the Trust Board to start seriously holding the Club Board to account.
Bits agree 100% with everything you have said.

iscalad

I don't want to stray over any line of what I can and cannot post on here and happy to go into more detail via PM - but what I will say is that before I started canvassing for support to put my name forward as a candidate, I double checked that remote attendance via Skype, alongside "in person" attendance as often as I could manage, would be something that the Trust would be OK with. Completely understood however that this is "part of the package" for anyone who is considering who they ought to vote for.
Ahh, Skype, thanks for clearing that up. And to previous posters who took my question entirely the wrong way. DUH.....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can confirm that attendance via electronic means is catered for in the Trust Rules and is regarded as being present for voting etc.

74. The Trust Board may agree that members can participate in its meetings by telephone, video, web-cam or other electronic means provided that the Secretary is given two working days notice. Participation in a meeting in this manner shall be deemed to constitute presence in person at the meeting.

iscalad

I can confirm that attendance via electronic means is catered for in the Trust Rules and is regarded as being present for voting etc.

74. The Trust Board may agree that members can participate in its meetings by telephone, video, web-cam or other electronic means provided that the Secretary is given two working days notice. Participation in a meeting in this manner shall be deemed to constitute presence in person at the meeting.
Thank you very much for answering.(y)