• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tillson

Langer

Will develop into one of our finest players imo.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will develop into one of our finest players imo.
More likely one of our most underrated by the fans.

Langer

Yeah good point.

manc grecian

Any chance of someone showing an interest in Youngish Jordan in the transfer window? Let's hope so.

Stelios

I've defended him a few times here and feel he is unfairly maligned at times. But. Let's just say today was not one of his better days (!).

I would have put Jake Taylor in his position and have Nicky Law/Lee Martin on instead (whoever was fitter/needed less of a rest).

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tillson works hard but he looked out of his depth today. Useful to bring on and and see out a game, like he did Wednesday, but other than that he's not Football League standard.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tillson works hard but he looked out of his depth today. Useful to bring on and and see out a game, like he did Wednesday, but other than that he's not Football League standard.
Good player when we're without the ball, poor when we've got it. Game's like today where we dominate possession... he doesn't offer a whole lot.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've defended him a few times here and feel he is unfairly maligned at times. But. Let's just say today was not one of his better days (!).

I would have put Jake Taylor in his position and have Nicky Law/Lee Martin on instead (whoever was fitter/needed less of a rest).
Jake doesn't appear to want to stay in front of the back 4, cut out through balls and protect them, which is the job Tillson has done - he wants to follow the play. I was however surprised today that Collins played behind Tillson most of the time, presumably there was some tactical analysis behind this. Collins did this OK but it's not clear this is his best role. After the red card the Tillson role wasn't needed so it was logical to bring on a more attacking / skillful player, but in the event it didn't work.

grecIAN Harris

Jake doesn't appear to want to stay in front of the back 4, cut out through balls and protect them, which is the job Tillson has done - he wants to follow the play. I was however surprised today that Collins played behind Tillson most of the time, presumably there was some tactical analysis behind this. Collins did this OK but it's not clear this is his best role. After the red card the Tillson role wasn't needed so it was logical to bring on a more attacking / skillful player, but in the event it didn't work.
I thought Collins was so much better today than he was against Yeovil. He played with his natural instinct and knocked the ball around whereas against Yeovil he played like he was being restricted to what he could and couldn't do with the ball regardless of whether he has the ability to play what he was seeing.

milts

Tilson isn’t a footballer. How on earth he still gets a game at this level is beyond me.