• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport Smoke Bomb

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sadly, the referee has reported the incident with the smoke bomb thrown from the away end at the Newport County game earlier this month. We're there being fined by the football league, and discussions are ongoing, I understand, to try and get the fine reduced. I don't know the size of the fine.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I don't agree with us being fined. The club have no way of stopping people taking smoke bombs or other items to matches. They can ask people nicely not to, but common sense should tell you that it isn't the smartest idea. Also if the fans are checked as they go in then stuff like this will be discovered, doesn't have to be intrusive.

muppetdodger

Just to clarify, there was a very small smoke bomb in the away end, but I have heard people talking of flares being let off. I saw no flare, if there was then fair enough, but that poxy little smoke bomb, I can't see any justification for fining the club for that!

What an absolute joke. Can't remember the smoke bomb being thrown, just dropped by whoever set it off. Stewards/polices fault for not doing their job properly. Hope we don't pay it.

flakey pasty

Stewards/polices fault
Surely it's the fault of the Numpty who set it off?

Well-known Exeweb poster
much ado about nothing. personally i quite like flares at games give a touch of extra 'atmosphere'

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely it's the fault of the Numpty who set it off?
Yep.

Identify them. Make them pay the fine and if they don't, ban them for life.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep.

Identify them. Make them pay the fine and if they don't, ban them for life.
Bit Ott Grecian mate in fact the whole things a bit ott.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit Ott Grecian mate in fact the whole things a bit ott.
I know I'm only messing about. It's just a bit annoying.

I hope the fine isn't a lot of money.

Angus

It's kids knowledge that to make a good smoke bomb all you need is a ping pong ball and some tinfoil, you can easily get away with it!

Having a fine is way over the top