• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A proper "Celebrity" fan

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just found this, Apologies if someone has posted it elsewhere but seeing Ade Edmondson's passion for ECFC is really clear to see and very refreshing from those Glory Hunters you see on something like Soccer AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-jEfU9Gfo

elginCity

Good old Ade, funny how he's 'forgotten' our 5 years in the wilderness, but at the same time showed a good grasp of ECFC history.

He mixed up the Southend game, the full house when he first watched City from a shopping trolley in St James Rd '03, with the 94/95 season when we avoided the drop because Maccy's ground didn't come up to scratch!

WXF

That's pretty special, and fabulous for promotional purposes.

eurogrecian

Great clip. Sums it up perfectly. Good for him!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good old Ade, funny how he's 'forgotten' our 5 years in the wilderness, but at the same time showed a good grasp of ECFC history.

He mixed up the Southend game, the full house when he first watched City from a shopping trolley in St James Rd '03, with the 94/95 season when we avoided the drop because Maccy's ground didn't come up to scratch!
He may have misspoke - but he was definitely there in 03 on the trolley.

During the wilderness, he was seen at places such as rushden and diamonds - so no glory hunter he...

contrabombarde

What a cracking first rate interview. Well said Ade. He is obviously no shallow publicity seeking fan and comes over as a true City fan. I really enjoyed that.

Pete Martin (CTID)

What a cracking first rate interview. Well said Ade. He is obviously no shallow publicity seeking fan and comes over as a true City fan. I really enjoyed that.
I've seen him a number of times over the years both home and away (chatted to him by the tea hut at York City on one occasion). If you didn't already know he's a celebrity you really would never guess. A lovely bloke.

The type of fan any Club would be proud of. Good on you Ade.

StroudGrecian

I preferred Uri Geller.

denzil

Well done Ade - really good interview !!