• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Hartlepool and Orient both lose their first matches in the National League this season

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can it get any worse for the O's? Thrashed 6-1 tonight in their new 'derby' with Bromley.

Red Devon

I seem to have missed something 6 clubs in the Conference playoffs now?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Legohead

Banned
They should just have 3 down from league 2 and then 2 autos and 1 play off spot promotion from the NL. Not great for us being in league 2 but if ever we ended up back in the NL then i'd prefer the 3 up from NL. It all depends on which league you are in i guess as to your view but i think 3 up / 3 down is fair and would liven up the NL promotion race.

Oldsmobile-88

Just checked the NL table.Tranmere have a serious hangover from the Play Off defeat at Wembley.

Early days,but they cannot afford too many more slip ups if they want to chase down the auto promotion spot,rather than rely on the lottery at the end of the season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Also shocking is what has happened to Merthyr Town. They had to release 80% of their squad due to financial issues and in today as a result lost 13-1 to Chesham.

Banksy

Talking of down and out clubs , poor old Torquay don't look so rosy glued to the bottom of the Nafional League table.
Looks like this could be their season to go out.What league would they drop into assuming they survived the demotion?

iscalad

Talking of down and out clubs , poor old Torquay don't look so rosy glued to the bottom of the Nafional League table.
Looks like this could be their season to go out.What league would they drop into assuming they survived the demotion?
They would go to National League South.