• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seem to remember reading somewhere that the starting point for the 'fixture computer' was the previous season's fixtures - hence our Tuesday-night Derby double and our last 4 fixtures against Shrewsbury.
Crikey! When 7 out of 24 teams are different, changing the local derbies for so many teams? A better way might be to have a list of parameters they wish to achieve and start afresh.

sign of the chimes

Seem to remember reading somewhere that the starting point for the 'fixture computer' was the previous season's fixtures - hence our Tuesday-night Derby double and our last 4 fixtures against Shrewsbury.
I know they try to ensure the festive games are relatively local, but avoid proper derbies (for obvious reasons) - is also why you don't tend to see derby matches on the opening or closing weekends. They also don't schedule derby matches on opening/closing weekends.

denzel

I know they try to ensure the festive games are relatively local, but avoid proper derbies (for obvious reasons) - is also why you don't tend to see derby matches on the opening or closing weekends. They also don't schedule derby matches on opening/closing weekends.
Well they had Orient v Charlton on the opening day last season.

Red Devon

Aren’t clubs allowed to submit two or three preference fixtures which may be looked on favourably but not guaranteed when the fixture computer does it’s thing?

DawlishBouy

sign of the chimes

Aren’t clubs allowed to submit two or three preference fixtures which may be looked on favourably but not guaranteed when the fixture computer does it’s thing?
I think they're allowed to ask to be at home/away certain weekends - although the league doesn't guarantee granting the request. We have a music festival down here over the August BH and rarely play at home on that Saturday as a result.

sign of the chimes

Well they had Orient v Charlton on the opening day last season.
I meant proper derbies with a full-on rivalry attached. I don't think there's any real history between Orient and Charlton.

denzel

I meant proper derbies with a full-on rivalry attached. I don't think there's any real history between Orient and Charlton.
Maybe, but they are the only two London clubs in the division so it was surprising that they played each other first day.

SidwellOldboy

We’ve had Charlton away on a Tues night the last two season..expect the same again this season + Brum on a Tues too.

arthur

We’ve had Charlton away on a Tues night the last two season..expect the same again this season + Brum on a Tues too.
..and Derby?