• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scapegoat XI

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope, he was just hopeless. Are people really unsure as to what the word ‘scapegoat’ means? We’ve had a dictionary definition posted earlier.
Shaun Canham?
After leaving City he went on to have a decent career

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good question.

Scapegoat
noun
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

I think to qualify for the first XI ideally the scapegoat should have been blamed more than was fair.
That certainly puts a very different perspective on the situation maybe we need to revisit the list as it would appear that the term scapegoat doesn’t really apply to any of them

Exehausted

As for Mark Gavin, an old chap who used to stand near me in the Cowshed would shout " get in the game Gavin, get in the game!" He was relentless.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't rate Alex Nicholls at all but appeared to be alone in letting him know on matchday

gilbertshoot

Trevor Morgan

Crikey, you'r either a 'stalker' or you really need to get out a bit more if, you spent every game just watching Kwame to see where his eyes were focusing. You must also have brilliant vision if you could see somebodies eye movement right across SJP. Melton Mowbary products come too mind.
Calm down old man. You will have a coronary. Why get so defensive and why use words like "stalker". Did I say I spent every game watching Kwame? I would suggest some ramipril or just some rest. I guess you never played football either (under 15's or 5 a side doesn't count)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steve Basham would replace Morrison for me, used to wind up everyone around me in the Old Grandstand!
Is that the Steve Basham who was with us for two seasons only but has the most fabulous record?

In his first season we got promoted. And then in his second and final season we.... got promoted again!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that the Steve Basham who was with us for two seasons only but has the most fabulous record?

In his first season we got promoted. And then in his second and final season we.... got promoted again!
Basham was good.

Tim Long

Basham was good.
Also Basham was credited with making Jamie Mackie a better player when they were partnered as the alternative to Logan and Stansfield.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
After leaving City he went on to have a decent career
That would depend on your definition of 'decent'. Prolific at Team Bath, got another shot at the Football League at Charlton & Notts County, then fell back into non-league again. Hardly one that got away...IMG_1434.jpeg