• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I for one will miss Alex if he goes - an honest well mannered Grecian it has been a pleasure to watch grow up over the years

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that is harsh given the amount of time he has had on the pitch. He needs a run of games before anyone can judge him.
No he doesn’t. He doesn’t look like he can be bothered, when he’s got the ball in good positions he messes up, he doesn’t hold the ball up, can’t pass, doesn’t run, just doesn’t care. He’s had enough time to let everyone see he’s not interested, why should the club view him any differently to how he views the club?

Antony Moxey

The old ‘we can do so much better’ adage. Well actually we can’t.
Given how little he’s given since his arrival, we literally couldn’t do any worse. Put me in instead, at least I’d try and run.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given how little he’s given since his arrival, we literally couldn’t do any worse. Put me in instead, at least I’d try and run.
He put in plenty of effort today. I think there was a mascot job going recently if you want a role where you could offer something.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

suffolklad

The old ‘we can do so much better’ adage. Well actually we can’t.
Well if we can't do better than Eisa we're DOOMED

STURTZ

Quite impressive to finish in mid table without having had a proper striker all season, (apart from Sonny of course, lord luv 'im, one of our own, still developing, etc etc)
Just imagine how good we'll be when we find one!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
First half today was probably one of the better performances against 11 men I have seen this season, whilst not massively entertaining we did find a few very decent chances and Eisa in particular should have scored the one on one he had. Eisa in the first 20-25 mins looked very lively and keen, but then faded out of the game.

2nd hald for me was a very even affair, we didn't react to the changes Cheltenham made very well at all and conceded a poor goal, but luckily Harris then got us the equaliser pretty quickly after, I felt it could be a long game once Cheltenham took the lead. After this, again a draw was probably the fair result, but delighted we found a win, from taking a pot shot outside of the area and something coming from it. My initial assessment was it was a harsh penalty, having re-watched it, I still think it was harsh, but I can understand (Delighted) why it was given, as the arm did lift, but felt it was such short range, that I wouldn't be moaning and groaning if it wasn't given. I don't think we would have scored from open play again in that game, as we didn't offer much 2nd half in a genuine attacking threat.

Safety now confirmed, no way we are going down now. So well done to all involved and Caldwell for managing to obtain the results needed to get to this point after being very lucky to escape the firing squad back in the winter. HE has a lot to do now, to prove that decision was the right long term decision for the club. This summer, we need a really good window. I would be looking to maintain Woods now, looks a very good addition and today was one of our better performers. The performance isn't one which will win the GC's way to play contest, but got the needed result and that final batch of points to finally and properly take that sigh of relief that relegation is finally not a possibility and we can look forward to league one next season

Bridgy 81

6 points required from our last 5 matches to beat last season’s total.