• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Radio Free Skaro

though, for context, there is only one automatic promotion place from National League South, so this means 21 points off top spot.

And the play off places go down to 7th, which Torquay are just two points off. So their season is simultaneously both embarrassing and
very much still alive!
On a glass half empty scenario, at the other end of the league, who gets relegated from NLS and where do they end up ?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
On a glass half empty scenario, at the other end of the league, who gets relegated from NLS and where do they end up ?
Bottom four go down and would go to either the Southern League Premier or Isthmian League depending on where the clubs are based.

Boyo

Bottom four go down and would go to either the Southern League Premier or Isthmian League depending on where the clubs are based.
That's the Tiverton Town and Plymouth Parkway level, I believe. One division below that is Exmouth Town and Willand Rovers.

Radio Free Skaro

That's the Tiverton Town and Plymouth Parkway level, I believe. One division below that is Exmouth Town and Willand Rovers.
Turks 17 points off drop-zone ! Should be very safe...

Rosencrantz

Turks 17 points off drop-zone ! Should be very safe...
...this season.

Grecian Max

though, for context, there is only one automatic promotion place from National League South, so this means 21 points off top spot.

And the play off places go down to 7th, which Torquay are just two points off. So their season is simultaneously both embarrassing and
very much still alive!
Well yes, I thought everyone knew that

Also for context, it's a pub league

The playoffs in that division are person, I watched Bath v Wealdstone a few years back at a packed Twerton - Bath had a good side that year but failed to turn up on the night and had a bit of bad luck

Lost the game 3-1 I think and that was that. No second leg for playoffs sucks.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team that keeps on giving 😀

DB9

The team that keeps on giving 😀
Yep, Lost 3-4 to Slough today and now 5 points off from the play-off positions.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lol

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
As mr o‘Riley said to basil fawlty “there’s always someone worse off than yourself”