• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

yticretexe

The new wave of NFL “fans” from the UK over the past 20 years :sick:

I remember at uni the lads who wanted to get into it forcing themselves to like it just to feel different

It’s sh!te

And I’ve been to Packers in Green Bay
“Football fan thinks sport he doesn’t understand is sh1t”.

Expand your horizons Max. You are allowed to enjoy other sports without your loyalty to the beautiful game being questioned.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like marmite 😁
It's alright I suppose.

Controversial eh?

scottus86

In our next seven games we play Peterborough home and away, Wigan away, Derby at home, Lincoln away and Fleetwood at home.

We're currently five points above the relegation zone.

I can't see us picking up many points From those seven games. If you think we're anywhere near safe yet, even with the new players on board, you're deluded.

The new signings are going to have to really hit the ground running. From what I saw of Eisa today, he'll definitely need some time to get up to speed. Alli has stepped up two leagues and is carrying a knock so he'll need some time too.
I'd take 7 points from those if you'd give them to me now.

rifraf

Couldn't make game this time. Just seen limited highlights. Appears we came close a few times, missed a chance which in fairness we should have scored from and hit the woodwork twice. We need a change of luck to some extent..... and far better refereeing quite often; neither we can cater for in training and prep.

Somebody on here raised an issue on my mind. Only one pen to us so far this whole season..... in opening game, which Nombe missed I know. That is not coincidence. We need to get in the box more with the ball AND running at defenders; not tippy-tappy balls all the time. And yes, we need to go down in the box if we get hit hard..... give the ref something to think about. O am not advocating cheating but attacking wise we are naive sometimes I feel .

Expand your horizons Max. You are allowed to enjoy other sports without your loyalty to the beautiful game being questioned.
I quite like NFL when the ball is in play, but find it almost unwatchable in actuality. The games are so slow and broken up, with tiny moments of action interspersed with players and officials trotting on and off the field. I guess it's what happens when you allow the structure of a sport to be dictated by TV and TV advertising. It's a cautionary tale for football (soccer!) - VAR, 5 subs, injury breaks where whole teams go to the edge of the pitch for a meeting, all mess with the flow, simplicity and spectacle of what is intrinsically a far, far better sport than NFL.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take 7 points from those if you'd give them to me now.
Seems a lot.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could have gone either way, no way this side are going down.
Matt Tatlor probably did his homework better and made hay once they had gone 0:1 up.
We'll be much better once our newbies are given a proper introduction to the team.
Big mistake conceding early but glad we were caught trying to get that first, all important goal.
I still think we are in serious trouble this season. Yesterday was a perfect example of just doing the same thing over and not showing an appetite to try and change our attacking play, we just moved players around and tried the same things In the hope we'd get something.

Yesterday the difference between a good manager who'll play in a way to get points on the board and a poor manager who believes there is only one way to achieve results. We are far from safe and seriously need to get another 17 points asap.

I do think though that if the ref hadn't blocked cole off he would've prevented the opportunity In the first place for their goal (taking nothing away from the strike, seriously good finish), but yesterday was just further evidence imho of why we should've removed GC after Fleetwood.

Hopefully we can get at least a point Tues night. At least the two wins last week has given us and GC some breathing space for now and hopefully we can get back on track Tuesday night. With the fixtures coming up I am seriously concerned another slump is coming. Let's pray we get 2-4 points next week

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

I do like other sports mate, just not that one ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Unless it's Rugby Union of course. Beware the vitriol if that gets a mention.

Leads

Sorry to deviate away from the NFL chat (I can’t say I’m a fan but then I like test match Cricket so I’m not sure I’m a useful reference point), but in regard to to this penalty shout yesterday, I genuinely can’t remember it- when was it? I think the issue more than anything in terms of us not getting penalties is that we’re not really getting into the box much.

Something that I don’t think has been mentioned was the away end. It was nice to hear some noise! I do wish we could have shut them up though…