• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The ‘El Pastico’ Ranked.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm claiming to have invented 'El Pastico' I posted it on here about 10 years ago, Andrew Barge mentioned it in his commentary on radio Debn and the rest is history !
But you only joined in 2022......

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know someone now their 90s who grew up in Plymouth and told me that in the 1950/60ss there was no rivalry with ECFC , Argyle's main rivals were Pompey, so maybe there's something in it?!
That's what happens when you end up living out your days at the Home Park Nursing Home for the infirm everyone talk gibberish :p

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
The ‘English Riviera’ derby - Torquay United v Babbacombe Model Village is fierce

View attachment 14686
That’s a much better ground than Plainbore as well!

Colesman Ballz

I know someone now their 90s who grew up in Plymouth and told me that in the 1950/60ss there was no rivalry with ECFC , Argyle's main rivals were Pompey, so maybe there's something in it?!
Probably getting confused with Navy Field Gun race ! :p

Radio Free Skaro

The ‘English Riviera’ derby - Torquay United v Babbacombe Model Village is fierce

View attachment 14686
That is strangely realistic!

Colesman Ballz

That is strangely realistic!
Going back to the 70's I had a couple of friends who were suppliers to Babbacombe Model Village. One supplied them with plants to both use and sell, and the other who was an excellent modeller made the figures. The latter started off very detailed which led to many being stolen, so he ended up by making them more crudely so to render them less attractive ! Even so there was still a high "mortality rate" due to grumpy hungover gardening staff taking out their frustrations with decapitation etc !

Radio Free Skaro

But you only joined in 2022......
Yes but I'm a Timelord and that was before I regenerated.

haka

Unfortunately the next game will be behind closed doors. Look at those pitch invaders. It's a Naked Model Village.

Antony Moxey

Yes, he would say that, wouldn't he? He was basically just looking down his nose at you without you realising it.

Stelios

Unfortunately the next game will be behind closed doors. Look at those pitch invaders. It's a Naked Model Village.
I’ve just noticed the ‘Ben Dover’ advertising hoarding 😳. Model villages do love a single-entendre

(I used to love going to Babbacombe me)

Last edited: