• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t understand though. I’m sure within an hour you could raise the funds necessary to buy a new banner, so why wouldn’t you do that?

Fareham Grecian

I don't recall i8cornwall throwing any sort of tantrum. He's explained his view and his principle and whilst i don't fully understand it i respect it. Maybe others doing all the slagging off could step in and make the effort to compensate for the loss of the RL?
Nobody’s doing any slagging off. I just think it is a bit sad that a group who have done so much to improve the SJP atmosphere would give up just because some Essex lowlifes have nicked a banner. Surely disbanding the RL is letting them win?

Grecian Max

Guys it’s how it is. You can be perplexed but that’s how it works. RL was only decent because it was done properly, that includes sticking by how the scene works. Research it and you’ll find your answers. We’re not going to be like Motherwell and carry on after their flags were bumped by Hamilton, it’s a respect thing.

fred binneys head

How are you respecting the many fans that paid you money to enable all the flags to be purchased?

Fareham Grecian

Guys it’s how it is. You can be perplexed but that’s how it works. RL was only decent because it was done properly, that includes sticking by how the scene works. Research it and you’ll find your answers. We’re not going to be like Motherwell and carry on after their flags were bumped by Hamilton, it’s a respect thing.
So you respect Colchester for nicking your banner?

(Oh, sorry, stealing is called ‘bumping’ now is it?)

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Elephant in the room time maybe but...how many flags have our lot tried to nick then?

Grecian Max

How are you respecting the many fans that paid you money to enable all the flags to be purchased?
FBH with respect we were never an official organisation, did everything off our own back and had many pelters throughout the time we existed as a group. We are/were under no obligation to do anything. We are normal paying fans. The amount of time and effort to sort a group like that is massive, the flags are there at the club in storage for anyone to use at any time.

One thing I will not miss is being critiqued as if I’m part of the coaching staff when in reality I’ve sacked off better things to paint a display or left the pub 2 hours early to set something up whilst my hands fall off from the cold. Yes it’s my choice but it’s also mine and others choice not to do those things. As any other fan.

manc grecian

Is this like when harold bishop died in neighbours?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
FBH with respect we were never an official organisation, did everything off our own back and had many pelters throughout the time we existed as a group. We are/were under no obligation to do anything. We are normal paying fans. The amount of time and effort to sort a group like that is massive, the flags are there at the club in storage for anyone to use at any time.

One thing I will not miss is being critiqued as if I’m part of the coaching staff when in reality I’ve sacked off better things to paint a display or left the pub 2 hours early to set something up whilst my hands fall off from the cold. Yes it’s my choice but it’s also mine and others choice not to do those things. As any other fan.
Plus putting up with some sh*te criticism from some fans because the RL were, quite rightly, boycotting the EFL Trophy games.

Grecian Max

So you respect Colchester for nicking your banner?

(Oh, sorry, stealing is called ‘bumping’ now is it?)
Not particularly, I wasn’t aware they had a switched on group however fair figs for giving it a go and taking it. I’d had concerns in the past about that happening, Lincoln was one who have a sizeable group... however they were penned in St Anne’s in the end...

For any ultra group it’s the ultimate embarrassment, if it had happened to Celtic or Palace they would react in the same way.

As I say, the flags, the drum, they are there for someone to use if they come up with a new thing that has a decent vision. After 9 years I’m signing off from that active support, shame it happened in that way, but I’m back to being a standard punter with my pasty.